Pandanallur Style Of Bharatanatyam (Pinnalkolattam).
  • Pandanallur Style Of Bharatanatyam
    (Pinnalkolattam).
    It is a traditional style of Pandanallur Bharatanatyam. It was recomposed by Pannanallur Subramaniam who is the student of Kittappa Pillai. This is the song which was composed on Pandanallur main deity of the Temple Pasupatheeswar. In this style of dance students are performing such a logical steps along with the song. After a long time (app, 70 years) , the Natyanjali Function was celebrated at Pandanallur Temple in Sivarathri Festival. At
    that time this Bharathanatyam was performed by the student of Pandanalur Subramaniam.
    http://www.heritagetown.org/cdance.html
  • lovely video! being a Bharatanatyam dancer myself, i can see how much practice it takes to get the ribbons plaited without getting tangled up! the dancers did an exellent job! thank u for sharing this link!
  • In fact this is called kollatta jothirai in the villages near trichy. I very well remember this being performed during marghazhi month in our village for the welfare of the village people and mostly by young girls. This will be for a week and at the end of the week there will be a grand closing function where we all go and immerse a sand sculpture of cow in cauveri.

gone r those days.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters