old rare novel collected
  • Dear Members

It is a good week start for me. I got the following old rare tamil historical novels today.

0.1 RAJA HAMSAM BY SRI LAKSHMI NARAYANAN.Y
    0.2 NAAN MADAK KOODAL NAYAGAN BY SRI GEORGE MOHANAN
    0.3 SENJI ABARANJI BY SRI KOVI MANISEKARAN
    0.4 ARUL MOZHI NANGAI BY SRI JEGA SIRPIYAN
    0.5 RAJA SIMMAN BY SRI VENUGOPALAN.V
    0.6 KALAI ARASI BY SRI A.P. NAGARAJAN
    0.7 ISAI OONJAL BY SRI T.P. PERUMAL

After 3 years search the above said novels are collected. It is because of the friends who has helped me to get those novels and thanks for them.

Still I have to go long way 10 collect 100 novels. Sri Lakshmi rajarathinam's book is long pending novels
  • Your resolve and focus is astounding. Way to go Sir
  • HI Sundar,

Where did u get these novels from.If you can tell me some pointers it will be gr8 help.
  • Dear Sundarkrishnan,

Hearty Congrats... One man Army for this Great Feat !!

Every time I read ur mail on subject, i want to plan an Exhibition. This gets postponed inadvertantly.

In Team we will bring out something fast.

very best wishes and warm rgds,.

sps

========
  • HI

It is not one shop you can go and buy. Lot of private lending libraries, old waste paper mart in around chennai, I am collecting these novels.

In fact writer Udhayanan, my friend Nagaraj and Sankar Raman helped me lot. I have to say my thanks to them.

My plan is in three phase.

Phase - I collect as much as historical novels 90% completed
    Phase - II Make it them in word file - 10% completed
    Phase - III give this to tamil world - Govt lending library, website
    after getting the proper approval from the writter.

The total budget is 20 Lakhs. Already 5 dtp operators start typing / converting the available rare novels in word format. Some are already published in chennailibrary.com. Before 2012, you can get almost 75% of the novels in the website.

Come and join the Project work by giving your helping hand.
  • Hi Sundar,
    Many kudos to your efforts. I am sure that Tamil readers will be benefited and
    many rare books will be available for reading.
  • Hi,

if you are in chennai.can u tell me some pointers, means in which shop u collected this novel and where can we get it.Moreover is it possible to get udhayanan novels in any shop.

Waiting for you response eagerly.
  • Dear Sundar Sir

It is a great feat you are doing
    One humble suggestion..

It might make sense to have a multipage scanner like snapscan which can do many pages in a go and convert it into pdfs ...I found one of the scanned book from you having props and all..It also does i in both sides and takes 3 minutes for 50 pages.

Infact I am almost tempted to undo the binding of my 50s edition PS with Vinu pictures and scan it for posterity.

KR

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: [email protected]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters