வேட்டுவர்
  • Dear all,

Vettuvar only fought with kalabhras and defeated them (Pattiyakali palayam Palm leaf tells in detail)

Gounder Title belongs to VETTUVAR only
    Maavali Vaanan belongs to VETTUVAR only and So on

History of Gurukulam Written by Velsamy Kavirayar.
    Kongu Nattu Gounders Written by Viyaarem.
    Vettuva Samuga Avanamgal Written by Pular S.Raju
    பொன்னர் சங்கர் கதை ஓர் சமூக இயல் ஆய்வு நூல்

The above books are available in Connemara Public Library,Chennai
  • Thanks for the informationprinatgi

this mail is sent by prinatgi aj79,ajblock 3rd street
    annanagar, chennai 40. south india. India. Pin code 600040
  • Dear Anand Kumar,

I congratulate you for filling up the gaping void, in this Website about history Cheras. I am totally surprised at the silence of some some very learned people on your message.

You have given som usefull references and some of your views.

I can take this oppurtunity to inform you of thre books which may be of interest toyou.

1. Kongunaattu varalaa. By Ya. Lakshminarayanan. PUB.nStar prasuram 27, Big street Triplicane. Chn. 600005

2. Perur kovai varalaaru. Pub. Madras Govt. manuscripts library.  University buildings, Ch. 600005

3. studies in Ancient Tamilnadu . (Eco;ogy, Economy, State formation, Aritocracy, Society ) by K. Sivathambi . NCBH , Ambattur, Chn. 600098

VKR
  • Dear all,

After defeating kalabhras,Vettuvar built sivan temple before 1500years (Pattiyakali palayam,erode)-
    Pattiyakali palayam Palm leaf tells in detail

Kancipuram copper plate also tells same history -(Reference:History of gurukulam)

Mavali vaanan belongs to Vettuvar (Reference: Kongu Nattu Gounders)

Please find the attached file of inscription( Till now no one registered these inscriptions)

if anybody knows language of the attached file of 6074.jpg ,please provide the information of that inscription.
  • Dear Anand

Can u tell me the name of the temple where the inscription is found?
  • Dear Mr.Shankpriyan,

The temple name is THEN KHALAHASTI, located at Pattiyakalli palayam,Kavandhapadi in Erode district.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters