Lemuria and Kumarikkandam
  • Dear Mr.SPS

enclose is a short aricle Lemuria and Kumrikkandam.

Can you forward it on my behalf to Mr.Balasubramaniam, I shall be gratefull.

With regards

VKR

I also would request Madam.Kathie
  • unable to open your article sir

please send to me again

s.balasubramani B+ve

99402 40847
  • With apologies to VKR sir, here it is again...

Shash
  • still unable to open
    adobe 9.4 says error

please send to my mail

[email protected]
    [email protected]
  • Thanks Mr VKR

to day i am able to read your mail.

My field work since last 4 years give other theory

reference to tamil litrature whether we lost our land at kaniyakumari surrounding to sea or not

i say yes

we lost around 4500 sq miles. now that area is called as comarin bank or wadge banks a fantastic area for fishing ground because of uneven bottom with marine growth.

this biodiversity site may be worked for exploring our past heritage.

we idetified 4 sites and asunken island.

Our PS members knows my attempt since 2007.

I will never forget the help of SPS sir.

regarding microcontinent near kerugalian islands 2,00,000 sq km was identified since 1999 , now under scrutiny because of marine growth with big trees under coma.

apart from this 6 submerged sand banks are at lakshadeep around 4000 sq km are under the water.

one of the sand bank called as eli kallpeni

because of mid indian ocean ridges now coastal land bridge between maldives and madacaskar under review now.

coastal technology and traditional knowlege to gether bringing so many changes now

regarding palk strait theory is changing now.

fresh water lake idetified now near katchadeevu

from indian side we lost more than 16 km since last 2000 years.

Danuskodi connection to mannar was walkable till 15nth century as mentioned by mclean on his Madras presidency Manual 1885 .

kumarikandam theory was adopted fro lemuria what we think.

but mentioning about south land is there from west as well as south staring from thirukuaral as then pulathaar.

west as terra australlis,

many many content are there related to this

orissa balu B+ve

Lemuria and Kumarikkandam

On this subject i made some study and Ihad placed my views in Karuthu.com in 2008. I missed the grand oppurtunity to meet the stalwarts on the subject on 25th Nov due to my poor mobility.

Now to the issues.

1.0 Lemuria continental theory has been abandoned . The final evidence of adeep drilling test in the centre of Indian ocean confirmed the existance of a continent, but it was submergesome 2 crores years very far long before Humans or even Homo-erectus appeared on Earth.

2.0 Kunarikkandam legens had existed even before Lemuria theory, propose at the end of 19th centuy since post sangam period. It was reinfoced by Lemuria theory and was highly politicised by Kazakamites

Now are we to abandon Kunarikkandam theory ? An emphatic 'No' from me.

3.0 Last ice age recede just before 15000 years ago. Earlier to that some where between 15to 35 thousand yars there was more land mass around the present coastal line of all continents.

For instance Palk strait was not there but for a small Pakhruli aru, also ariver mentione an ancient l
    Tamil literature.

Gibralter strait was spread with some rivulets. So the migration of some Mongolians on horse- back, crosse on to Alska and trekked down along America west coast along they trave le and had settlements in California, Mexico and Peru in South-American continent.

4.9 Back to Kumarikkandam. Sri Lanka and Thenkumari were all one landmass, also perhaps extending southward few hundred miles ( ? ). That was were First Madurai Sangam could hve assembled, This possibility has to be seriouslt taken up Archeologists

I Thank you.

V. Kothanda Raman
  • The times lines is actually a matter. though K Appadurai's book on the same subject, do give us some inferences from Ramayana and Mahabharata, why did Lord Hanuman jumped to Srilanka, when everyone can walk down? And why is the construction of the bridge.

The times lines cannot be brought down with mention of then Madurai and Kapata puram in these texts.

It could be much much and much older, with Purananuru song on 'Palyagasalai Mudhikudumi peruvazhuthi' on Banks of Pahruli river.

So it is true that land existed buy when and how did it submerge is another question.

the theories say, many Tsumnami or similar to Tsunami happening across the coast line of Tamilagam. One mentioned in Manimekalai. And could have been many similar incidents paved a way for this.
  • please think about atronomical data on "Niraksha lanka " and " Langojinikodu" at 23.5 degree.
    to 0 degree

now i am concentrating on the land which we lost around 4000 Bc target area is point calemer to vizlnjam region

working on satellite oceonography, bathymetry survey , royal admiral chart 1956 to 2010 comparative study on tidel line and potential fishing zone, sediment transportation and many parameter.

work is on now
  • Great!

But this subject has a deeper secret connecting Tamils, Madagaskar and Aborigines of Australia.

Looking at Aborigines of Australia, none can stop thinking similarities between South Indians and them. Being in Europe for some time, I cannot help comparing few Africans resembling Indians.
  • Well, that one's easy... Our adi-dravidas, the San Bushmen and other ancient
    tribes of Africa, and the Australian Aborigines are related. Genetics proves
    that quite conclusively. I think the Andaman tribes should share the same
    genes too, but I'm not sure.

They last shared a common ancestor 50000 years ago, and have left genetic
    markers along the coastal route they took from Africa to Australia. Please
    watch/read the documentary/book, "Journey of Man" for more.

Shash

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM, rajendhracholan
  • Hi All,

Please read the CNN article today:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/innovation/11/18/titanic.robots.shipwrecks/index.html?hpt=Sbin

If our govt can get one such robot, we can explore underwaters and bring out all the shipwrecks of Roman/Cholan origin in our seas.. Also they can bring about the lost civilizations under the seas - Mahab & Kumarikandam.

Our present state govt has done so much for Tamil ( WTC, Anna Centenary Library, Classical status, 1000 year celebration of RRC - just to name a few... ) and they have a good hold at the centeral govt.

If somebody can do, it is our present state govt... and they have to know this...

Hope it will ring the bell somewhere...

Thanks and best regards,
  • Dear Balu

I read in book authored by Bala Gangathat Thilak that in B.C 25,000 human resided in North and South Pole and there was no ocean. Perhaps there was no sea too.

During first Tamil Sangam May be B.C 10,000 the first sea invasion started and that continued till B.C. 500.

Please adv.
  • I am allready in touch with U boat Netherland company for demo in our water

fwd

http://www.uboatworx.nl/

Erik Hasselman to me, Surender
    show details 26 Oct

Dear Mr Balasubramani,

Thank you very much for your email and interest in our company.

Please be introduced to Mr Surender Balasubramanian, who is representing our company in India. He is copied into this email as well.

I'd like to suggest you contact him per email or on his mobile: +91 96509 40505, to discuss further opportunities.

In the meantime, please find attached our latest brochure for your reference. Thank you!

Kind regards, erik

Erik Hasselman
    Sales & Marketing Manager

Oosterhoutseweg 77 Tel.: +31 (0)76 5713096

4816 KC Breda Mob.: +31 (0) 6 41117722

The Netherlands Email: [email protected]
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age#cite_note-0http://

Dear sir,
    I have read ( from my father's lib. )the book by H.G.Wells, titled "short history of the world " in Penguin series first published in 1935. Theories on Ice age and continental drift theory were propose late in 19th century.

Thilk is a great patriot, but we can only partly accept. Herelied on "Ice age "theory, was partly speculating.

Even in the present 'long geological summer', Eskimos are found living on rocky ice., not farther beyond.

Your thougts on First Madurai Sangam are on the lines what I wanted Mr Kalinga Balu to give his expert's opnin on my my note on this subject. (Being sent by seperate )

with regards,

VKR
  • Balu sir,

I strongly feel Silambu is an authentic book which gives many info -If Silambu mentions the lost land - Kumarikkandam, pahruli river, panmalai adukkam - that must be an authentic info and also at that time it may be  just500 to 1000 year old news and hence authentic.

Request Balu sir to write a series on lemuria and that will help us to understand much better.
  • Dear All,

It seems nobody could do anything better to Tamil than the our present govt.....

CM hasjust announced the exploration of sunken Poompuhar and Kumari by professionals....

See news below:

http://www.nakkheeran.in/users/frmNews.aspx?N=44529

Our Kalinga Balusir should be delighted to be onboard this craft...
  • Dear Sir, Are you not acceptig the basis of icage and extesive land part south of kanyakumari during transition of ice age

am sending you a dialoe with Mr Kalinga Balu for ref, by seperate post

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters