Uttaramerur temple work reaches BBC Tamil!
  • way to go chandra. Nice photos - but you should have gone some specifics to
    the stitching i guess.
  • EXCELLENT - DEAR CHANDRA.

UNDER SATHYAMURTHY SIR's GUIDANCE,

YOUR EFFORTS AS PRO ARE REMARKABLE
    AND VERY MUCH APPRECIABLE.

VERY BEST WISHES AND WARM REGARDS / sps

============
  • hi chandra

you had mentioned earlier that some company was video graphing the various
    stages of conservation and plan was to make it like a short film. any
    updates on that
  • Specifics were explained by Anu Padma the student. Had they asked me, who did the job with my own hands, would have explained better, but good in a way as the world will not get bored of seeing more or hearing more of Chandra :)Today it came in Sun news too, after biting themselves seeing the BBC news. But sinkers, they just mentioned Thaniyar thondu niruvanam, didn't quote REACH name !

Chandra
  • > hi chandra
    >
    > you had mentioned earlier that some company was video graphing the various
    > stages of conservation and plan was to make it like a short film. any
    > updates on that

Yes they'll try to market to some world history and heritage channels and if OK, will share a part of income to REACH for building more needy temples.
    Will release the brief version once it is fully completed including the D-Day, the Kumbabhishekam.

Chandra
  • Hi chandra, watched it here. Some good coverage is always welcome !
  • திரு சந்திரா, நிச்சயமாக நமக்கு விளம்பரம் தேவை - எத்தனையோ விஷயங்களுக்கு விளம்பரம்
    தரப்படும்போது இத்தனை முக்கியமான, நல்ல காரியத்துக்கு விளம்பரப்படுத்தவதில்
    தவறில்லை. நம் எல்லாருக்கும் இருக்கும் media contacts ஏன் வகைப்படுத்தி தொகுத்து
    வைக்கக் கூடாது? எத்தனை சிறிய/ பெரிய தொடர்பாக இருந்தாலும் உபயோகப்படும். PR/ Media
    என்பதை தனியாக ஒரு துறையாக நம் இயக்கங்களுக்கு நாம் அணுக வேண்டும் - வருடத்துக்கு
    ஒரு plan என்று உருவாக்கிக்கொள்ளவேண்டும் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

நன்றி
    ஸ்வர்ணா
  • I fully agree that such work should have publicity.

We should also dramatise.

During my gopurappatti visit - the villagers told me that we have a Pallava, a chola and Hoysala temple.

They took effort to protect all the 3.

Such people should know .

It will also help in protecting our srt during renovation.

Also target the Bhakthi etc
  • sabassh! Ssound ssuggeettions.

Kothand ( VKR )
  • I visited Uttaramerur on 10th. I could see the fantastic work being done. REACH is doing great work. Many thanks to you all in REACH and the artizans restoring the glory.

Raman.P
    http://ramanchennai.wordpress.com
  • Some eyewitness for the performance of REACH .Excellent

VKR!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters