Ramayanam before Kamban -28 - Kadikai
  • ---

We are seeing that from Sangam Age, People knew Ramayanam ( & Maha Bharatam) . Across sangam ( and in Purananooru, which is one of the oldest) we find the refernce of common culture across the country.

Puram is placed between first BC to 2nd AD, and was searching for any other proof to substantiate this.

Then this recent discovery ( discussed by Dr Irawadam mahadevan in his book and part of it published in Varaluru) of a Kadikai in Tamilnadu as early as 2nd AD.

If there was one in Thirunelveli, then there must have been more in other parts.

Hence Ramayanam learning /teaching were continuing from much earlier

http://www.varalaaru.com/default/asp?/articleid=445

regards

sankar

eply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
    Recent Activity:

New Members 9
    New Photos 51
    New Links 2
    Visit Your Group
    ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
    DISCLAIMER: The Founder / Convenor of the Group and / or its Moderators do
    not subscribe to the views of the Members and subscriber alone is
    responsible to defend the view of the subscriber if and when challenged by any person/s or Authority and/or by the process of Law.

Members are requested to ensure that copyright issues are not violated
    ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
    Visit http://ponniyinselv an.in to find archived messages
    Visit http://festival2009 .ponniyinselvan. in to find out about PSVP Vizha
    ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

• Now i want to move to some of the stone scluptures in Pallava temples. Will start once back from my current tour - May be 2nd May.
  • Dear Sankar,
    wonderful! My favorite subjects.
    kathie
  • mine too. waiting
  • A. Pallava scluptures: The three places one thinks immediately are 1. mamallapuram 2. Kanchi kailasanathar temple 3. Vaikunda perumal temple
    As far i know Mallai is ruled out. Only the other 2 have to be searched. So, i approached Dr Nagaswami sir, ( over phone-could not meet him as he was busy) and requested his guidence.

He suggested - enter - 10 steps - 20 mtrs, to your right, 3rd pillar on your left, first floar- 6th pannnel, 2 ft above, right wing - 24th pannel next to ....
    Balance all by me only.
    B. Then next tension. Gokul has clearly told that before taking any photograph, you should " Thanni adikkanum" inside the temple. Will ASI controlled temple allow us for "Thanni addika". Morning 5'0 clock, i woke up to the sound of Nature " Thanni adiching" on 1st May. Could start only at 8.30 and at 10.30 to 12.30 the climate was like mid dec and we kept on clicking on both the temples. Then kamatchi temple and only while entering the mutt, sun god came out.
    C. The security staff at both the temple - Amazing knowledge - Ranga Padaga devi to minute details on the sclupture to politely disagreeing with us saying - but many scholars view this so-
    Total involvement
    D. At kamakshi temple, looking at sastha and the board - kachi valaikachi kamakkota.... lines - which says Karikala took the flowers from the hands of kanchi kamakota sastha for his war to North. I asked him whether it is from Silappadikaram ( could not locate) or Nachinarkiniyanar urai?
    He said - This is in the epigraph ( any idea?) The karikala is not RRC's brother. It is the kallanai one. Amazing.
  • "He said - This is in the epigraph ( any idea?) The karikala is not RRC's brother. It is the kallanai one. Amazing." Shankar

Sir,Can you be more clear?

VKR
  • There is a song outside the sastha shirine in kamakshi temple.

It says karikala when went for himalayan expedition took the flower from the kamakkottathu sastha.

I remeber seeing this board procaliming as Silappadikaram long back. I could not trace that in silappadikaram. Then some body said it is in Nachinarkkiniyanar urai.

When i checked with the Gurukkal - He said it is in epigraph ( That is why asked members that any one know any such epigraph)

Intrestingly the Gurukkal added Karikala - Not RRCs brother ( meaning aditya karikala) and the one of Kallanai. ( he took the chendu from sastha)

Now people know about two karikalas. that itself is a news.

i was surprised on that.
  • I agree. Sankar, please slow down and give more information on each
    point presented. You give lot of interesting but split information,
    perhaps because of your enthusiasm. You are really lucky to have the
    luxury of wide travel ans especially to temples. Please keep up the good
    work.
    Sampath

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters