Presence of Muslim in AD 969-1039 in Tamil Country
  • Dear friends,

When I was reading a book I found these sentances.

Wish to know if the Tombs mentioned here are still there, which is the place and how to visit them?

Ravutans attribute to the preaching of missionaries whose tombs are held in respect by the Ravutans of Madura. The famous tomb of Syed Nathar Sha (AD 969-1039) who after traveling all over Asia, Saudi Arabia etc., laid in rest at Trichnopally and the place is named after this saint Syed Nathar Sha .

Another Dudekalas, who were cleaning cotton, weaving attributed their faith Baba Fakhrudin, whose tomb revere at Pendukonda. This Fakhrud-din was said to be a king of Sistan, who become a disciple of Syed Nather Sha .

There is a manuscript at Oriental manuscript Library, Chennai, which was collected and stored by Machanchy .Hazarath Hyder babu, when touring Srirangam, Trichy, gave permission to his brother in law Mirsalikhan to rule Dindugal. This Mirsalikhan's wife Hazarath Begam who delivered a baby girl, died after 8 days of its birth. This Hazarath Begam constructed a tomb and a mosque called Mughabara mosque at Dhadi Kombhu, Behampur where the infant buried, donated land and Farm house, Gardens etc., and appointed nine members to look after the maintenance of the tomb and mosque and lighting holy lamp with oil .

1)Syed Abdur Razzaque, ISLAM, Theosophical Publishing House, madras 1930
    2) MMS; D:3410; Natana Kasi Nathan, Ed. Kongu Mandala Varalarugal, Oriental Manuscript Library, Chennai; 1997
  • Dear Sri Ramachandran

Kindly give us clear period of time. You mentioned in the subject coloumn as 969-1039, which was a period of strongest Kings of Tamilnadu. How possible Dindigul or some other small place have been donated by some one not known to the King that too by some Muslim Missioneries to other Muslims.

Rowthar might have been there during that period but restrained with Shipping activities in the coastal zone.

Kindly clarify.
  • Dear Friends,

I read the books quoted below and was wondering how a tomb of a Muslim Syed Nather Sha is located at Trichy and I sent mails to few and wait their response.

1)Syed Abdur Razzaque, ISLAM, Theosophical Publishing House, Madras 1930

2) MMS; D:3410; Natana Kasi Nathan, Ed. Kongu Mandala Varalarugal, Oriental Manuscript Library, Chennai; 1997

If I get any respose for the above enquiry I will share them with you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters