vandhiyadevan
  • just now i understand why vandhiyadevan married Kundhavai...

coz...

"CHOZHA NAADU.. SORUDAITHU.."
  • Dear All

We have had this discussions on VD being veetoda maapilai...Useless etc etc....The fortune favours the brave thats what happened to him...In his epigraph Kalki does state that VD survived many more turmoils and wed Kundavai and had a good position in Choal Empire...Unfortunately most sequels did not do justice to him,

In Nandhipura Nayagi...He was in Prison

Havent read Vandhiyadevanin Vaal

In Kaviri Mainthan...Venkatesh forgive me...He was a glorified veetoda maapilai

The only who does justice to the charector created by Kalki is Akilan...Those of you who read Vengaiyin Maindhan would really love the older wiser VD mentoring the young and brash Ilango....He is the Samandha Nagakar of the Chola kingdon who RJC consults for everything.

Why could that scenario not existed May be he did it for the love of the woman who did not want to leave Chola Kingdom

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson
  • Nandri Sir. Y'day I was really thinking more abt the character of VD.. I couldn't just think him as a mere Veetoda Maappillai kind.... this was bothering me much... Now your mail makes me feel better... :-)
    Yes... I have read Vengayin Maindhan... and I liked VD in that too... as a wise & brave old guy.
    RegardsVardhini
  • > In Kaviri Mainthan...Venkates h forgive me...He was a glorified veetoda maapilai
    >

sure I must have been influenced by diwakers thought on the subject. especially the way he articulated the facts on the return trip from thanjavur

but then vanthiyathevan destroys a pirate village almost singularly, survives a shipwreck and fights the pandyas finally
    I guess if he was the hero of my story then perhaps he would have done more.
    venketesh

>
    >
    > The only whodoes justice to the charector created byKalki is Akilan...Those of you who read Vengaiyin Maindhan would really love the older wiser VD mentoring the young and brash Ilango....He is the Samandha Nagakar of the Chola kingdon who RJC consults for everything.
    >
    >
    >
    > Why could that scenario not existed May be hedid it for the love of the woman who did not want to leave Chola Kingdom
    >
    >
    >
    > Sri
    >
    >
    >
    > If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    > If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    > Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    > I shall not live in vain.
    > Emily Dickinson
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > We want to hear all your funny, exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us now
    >

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters