PERUMAL MALAI - THURAIYUR - TRICHY - BUILD BY KARIKALAN
  • Dear All

ter hight hill with rock and found some kalvettukkal also. I enquired about the temple and the local authority said it was built by King Karikalan and this is the first temple built by Chola family.

If time permits, please visit. I am unable to attach the photos here. Hence separate file I have loaded.
  • PERUMAL MALAI - considered among 7 Thirupathis - supposedly brothers of Lord Venkatachalapathy !

visited long time back.

regards / sps
  • Which Karikalan are we talking off?
  • Hi

There is a confusion in the history also. some body says there are two karikalan. It is a debatable one. This temple was built by karikalan who has buit the "Kallanai" After the project is over by Srilanga people he asked to built this temple. The local authority shows some kalvettukkal but I am not having good knowledge of how to read it. I agreed SPS remarks. Better our team can visit the place and do the research.

Mean while I have loaded the photos of the temple in the files area.
  • Hi

There is a confusion that some body is saying there are two karikalan. This temple was constructed by King Karikalan who has consutructed the Kallanai. After this project was over, he asked the srilangan people to construct this Temple. I agreed SPS remarks. I am not having any knowledge to read the Kalvettukkal. Our team can visit and do the research. Mean while I have loaded the photos in the files area.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters