introducing sundar krishnan
  • Hi all
    we have a silent achiever in this group.
    a man who has quietly gone about collecting tamil historical novels.
    i post here his mail to me

venketesh

Dear Sir

Thanks for your mail. PFA the list of my historical novel collections in pdf form. So for I have spent Rs. 45000 to collect / purchase these novels. 60% of the novels purchased directly from publications / author. These project started in the year of 2006. So for 387 novels collected. Still pending is 40 novels which is having a problem that most of the novels are very old and not able to find the author address.

I have to thank Easwary Lending library and 40% of the novels purchased from them due to out of stock in the publications. Also Nivethitha Mr. Swaminathan (SRS). He helped me a lot. In the mean time, I have to say my special thanks to Mr. Vikraman who is guided me in various time. When I start reading Kalki's novel in my college days I was admired by his flow. Also I noted that the historical novel shows how our ancient people live and their total living activities though it is some time over sided by some authors. At my early days I am unable to spend money to purchase and read the books. Not even novels but also my college books. I spend most of my timings in the college library and Sarasvathi Mahal library.

Once I joined in the IT, I have decided to make it as a habit and met Mr. Vikraman, Mr. Kovi Manisekaran, Mr. Gowthama Neelambaran, Mr. Thivakar, Mr. Mukilan, Mr. Aikann and Mr. Viswaknesan. When I discussed with them, I understand that how much time they are taking to write a novel and also how much painful it is. To complete / write one historical novel, they have done a lot of research regarding the story main theme.

I have asked them most of the novels are not re-published or after the author period, no one interested to re-publish the same. In that case why it is not computerized. Mr. Thivakar replied that some of the new writers they are preserving the DTP work in CD format. But old novelsÂ…? No answer for this.

If you take Mr. Lakshmi narayanan.Y. and Mr. Somu most of the novels are not available.

This is the story of my interest in the historical novel collection. Last but not least Novles are the good friend rather than a man hood. It is not expecting any thing from me. Only thing I have to preserve them and spend few rupees. When ever I required, it will talk to me.
  • Hi
    this is the time to ask yourself
    how many historical novels - tamil do you own

i personally have 4 of other authors.
    mainly vengaiyin mainthan, seraman kathali, kalki - 3 novels, nandipurathu nayagi,

venketesh
  • Hi
    I have Kalki's PS , SS & PK.
    Akilan -Vengayin Maindan
    Anusha Venkat- Kaviri Maindan
    I have one more looong time since I opened it .I do remember the title but not the author. Will confirm both after digging it out.
    All the above are collected by me. The last one yaarukittayo suttadhu so I don't remember. :)
    Shobha
  • I have the following books:1. Ponniyin Selvan by Kalki2. Parthiban Kanavu by Kalki3. Sivagamiyin Sabatham by Kalki4. Vengayin Maindhan by Akhilan5. Kaviri Maindhan by Anusha Venkatesh6. Kadal Pura by Sandilyan7. Kayal Vizhi by Akhilan8. Raja Raja Chozhan varalaru by Ponnammal (not a historical novel though)
    I had a few other books given by my grandmother; but they were very very old books and were in such a damaged condition, that I found it difficult to read them.. Somehow managed to read a few of them like Jala Deepam, Raja Perigai by Sandilyan; Romapuri Pandiyan by Kalaignar Karunanidhi (couldnt complete this book)
    RegardsVardhini.
  • // The last one yaarukittayo suttadhu so I don't remember. :)

I hate book stealers :( no offense meant Shoba. :)

I have lost a couple of my books by lending to friends and it never came
    back.

my collection-
    PK,SS, PS,
    Seraman Kadhali (orginal Kalki (?) binding...ubayam my akka's puguntha
    veedu...somebody collected and it was lying as 'anadhai' in her house, so
    gave adaikalam,..ofcourse with permission :) )
    Manipallavam (Na paarthasarathy...)
    Vengayin mainthan
  • Dear

We have to give good respect to sundar krishnan, who collected historical novels.

Normally books can be classified into two categories. one being basic information on any subject and information could be obtained easily at any point of time

The second type being the consolidation of the various information and it could be referred immediatly

The first type we need not store or keep personnaly in our racks the reason being the information could be obtained easily at any point of time.

The example for the second type is dictionery. It is not possible to go to a library each time for seeing the dictionery. Is it not? It should be in our personnel library.

The historical novels are of dictionery type. They are not only telling about various kings achievment and relations but also give indirect advise to the readers in an abnormal circumstances.

Therefore such novels necessarily to be in our personnel library. As an example ponniyin selvan is like Ramayana as mentioned by sujatha. It not only speaks about the hisotory of cholas but also suggest the various ways to behave in an abnormal circumstances.

Just imagine that you are in a ship alone no body is available in a rough sea and the ship is also caught fire. How to behave in such abnormal circumstances? What vandya deven did? How he escaped?

This is the indirect advise by kalki to the readers to act in a abnormal circumstances.

In the sandilyan novels example kadal pura we can find several indirect advices to the readers.

Naa. parathasary's kurinji malar, the hero behaves like Gandhi in an abnormal cirucumstances and married the daughter of the villon.It is also an indirect advise to the readers to adopt in their actual life, when the cirucumstances warrents

Such books are necessarily to be available in our personnel library and it could be referred immediatley at any time when it required by us.

Our sudnar krishnan is a great person and have all historical books in his library. It is not possible for all us to have all books, due to space, time, money etc.

I have already suggested three books which are necessarily to be availble in our personnel library.

I request the members to suggest the books which are necessarily to be in our library with the reasons for keeping the same.

Members may give their opinions.
  • Dear

We have to give good respect to sundar krishnan, who collected historical novels.

Normally
    books can be classified into two categories. one being basic
    information on any subject and information could be obtained easily at
    any point of time

The second type being the consolidation of the various information and it could be referred immediatly

The
    first type we need not store or keep personnaly in our racks the
    reason being the information could be obtained easily at any point of
    time.

The example for the second type is dictionery. It is not
    possible to go to a library each time for seeing the dictionery. Is it
    not? It should be in our personnel library.

The historical
    novels are of dictionery type. They are not only telling about various
    kings achievment and relations but also give indirect advise to the
    readers in an abnormal circumstances.

Therefore such novels
    necessarily to be in our personnel library. As an example ponniyin
    selvan is like Ramayana as mentioned by sujatha. It not only speaks
    about the hisotory of cholas but also suggest the various ways to
    behave in an abnormal circumstances.

Just imagine that you are
    in a ship alone no body is available in a rough sea and the ship is
    also caught fire. How to behave in such abnormal circumstances? What
    vandya deven did? How he escaped?

This is the indirect advise by kalki to the readers to act in a abnormal circumstances.

In the sandilyan novels example kadal pura we can find several indirect advices to the readers.

Naa.
    parathasary' s kurinji malar, the hero behaves like Gandhi in an
    abnormal cirucumstances and married the daughter of the villon.It is
    also an indirect advise to the readers to adopt in their actual life,
    when the cirucumstances warrents

Such books are necessarily to be available in our
    personnel library and it could be referred immediatley at any time when
    it required by us.

Our sudnar krishnan is a great person and
    have all historical books in his library. It is not possible for all us
    to have all books, due to space, time, money etc.

I have already suggested three books which are necessarily to be availble in our personnel library.

I request the members to suggest the books which are necessarily to be in our library with the reasons for keeping the same.

Members may give their opinions.
  • Couple of booksaaa..that is an understatement..i have lost lots of treasures..most of my parents binded collection was lost due to people borrowing and never returning, including the original SS, Thuppariyum Sambu, Thillana Mohanambal, lots of them..The worst crime to me was when i went to a relative's house and saw her wipe her newborn's waste with a page that looked suspiciously like torn out of a novel...i asked akka enna idhu and she told me edho pazhaya bookuma..paranlendhu. It was the first edition of SS that my mother hand loaned her mother.

Needless to say i did not sleep that night. My mother had the scolding of her life from everyone at home. Nowadays i keep books in cupboards with no glass. No kadan giving or taking to anyone.
  • Dear Venkat,

this will vbe a very great Service to future generation.

Like Kalki created genuine interest among some of the readers (atleast) in the History of cholas and moovendars in turn, Krishnadevaraya will also generate such interest .. likewise Nayaks and Sarfoji's History as well ...

when speaking to Dr. nagaswamy recently he casually told me that near Mutharasanallur (Mootha Raja Nallur ?? ) Trichy, ALLUR DEVATHANAM - the Siva Temple was Constructed by the PENDIR OF KODUMBALUR IRUKKUVELIR !!

Means w/o Sundara Chola - Vanavanmadevi related Queens constructed a Siva temple on the banks of Cauvery between Trichy and Kulithalai at a place called Allur. (Kumbabhishegam planned again on 27th Nov this year - with the support of locals).

Allur is adjoining Mahadanapuram - which was ONE AMONG CHODASA (16) grants (Dhanams) by KRISHNA DEVARAYA !!

Very rightly arun venkataraman pointed out... without Krishnadevaraya - cant imagine revival of our culture - language and heritage in Southern parts of India - particularly TN after invasions.

VERY APT TO RECALL HIS 500 YEAR GLORY..

And this is a SMALL SPARK created by dear friend Sunder Krishnan.

We will do our best to support him.

most welcome dear Sundar Krishnan. pls feel at home..

best regards to Venkat and Sundar Krishnan,

sps

============
  • hi dhivakar sir

In his closing stages didn't he blind his trusted minister/general for
    suspicion of poisoning his son??
  • Dear All

Thanks for your coments. I thank Mr. Venkat (Anusha Venkat) to publish my name in the forum. I am good old member of this forum and silent watcher.

Mean while for interest of the Historical Tamil Novel readers, I have loaded total my collections in the pdf form today in the name of Tamil naavalgal oru thoguppu. Hope that this will help our members to search the books where they can get it.

Once again Thanks Mr. Venkat.

sundar krishnan

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters