ponniyin selvan festival
  • Hi all

I was waiting for SPS to make a sort of official announcement but here it is.

the dates are confirmed

15th and 16th august

both are holidays and i would suggest outstation members make bookings early as 16th is a muhurtham day.

we have 3 programmes
    15th morning session
    15th afternoon session
    16th historical site trip( we will be back in chennai by 5. pm to enable you to catch your train)
    these are official timings but the unoffical meeting continues in the evening in beach.

we require your suggestions on the content. the motto is utmost enjoyment for a 'PS and kalki fan'.
    the programme would have face to face meetings with people closely related to PS. those who have endeavoured to portray it in different media, like animation, plays or movies. those who have written sequels or those who have drawn for it.
    we would have a movie or presentation on the big temple , ponniyin selvan or kalki. let you see facets you never dreamt of.
    people like satheesh and ganesh have already started working on it.
    we would have an exhibition of ps related photos, and perhaps exhibit a copy of all tamil historical novels available.

come on and participate in the function and in the preparations to it.

both would make your bonds with ponniyin selvan stronger.
  • I am in.

Wow. So it is finally going to happen. Let me be the first one to
    respond. I will take some responsibility after talking to RV sir.
  • Let me talk to SPS sir and see what role I can play

Chandra
  • DEAR VENKAT & OTHER FRIENDS,

AS I WAS TRAVELLING,I COULD NOT SEE MAILS / POST MAILS FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS. JUST RETURNED.

AS VENKAT MENTIONED IT IS OUR SHOW.

MURUGANANDAM
    THIRU
    PLASTIC CHANDRA
    VENKATESAN KASIRAJAN
    SIVARAM KANNAN
    ALREADY VOLUNTEERED.

MADHAN
    UDANX
    SANKARAN - ALWAYS SUPPORTIVE

WE WILL WORKOUT SPECIAL AREA OF ATTENTION FOR CHENNAI MEMBERS AND OTHERS TOO.

WILL REVERT - SAY BY THURSDAY - WITH MORE DETAILS.

ANBUDAN / SPS
  • Dear SPS,

Excepting for week day evenings, I'm available now on week ends. On Week days I can spare few hours during the day time.I will meet you this week end!

Thanks and best regards,
  • pl include TSS from Frontline/The Hindu in the list of invitees and persons to be honoured for his yeomen service in exposing the vandalism of built heritage. He needs our support.

Ready to chip in the efforts.

srirama.p.s.
  • Nice suggestion Sriraman. He has been very actively writing in the Hindu and Frontline.

I'm sure we will have a place for him in the dias.
  • I knew him for the past 20 years, when he reported the Mahabalipuram finds. Those days, We, as Govt Servants (still colonial!) were advised not to talk to press people lest invite administrative action. Always we have to be cautious with IE reporters. The used to spin yarn out of nothing in the name of investigative journalism. But TSS was a different person. He will clarify from you whether this could come on print. We always share information with him, sometime damaging too. But if you caution him about it, he will never put it on paper. Even today, I find the same TSS, so professional, so ethical. You will be able to appreciate his sincerity only when you could experience the situation at The Hindu.

He always gave importance for accuracy. He was able to locate people who could corroborate the finds/statements. With out corroboration, he never went on print. He used to be behind people, professionals, ASI/St Arch, Professors etc to do this exercise. A grand quality of an historian - searching for corroborative evidence.

How many of us does this? We pass of our opinions as facts. Great scholars when pass such bucks under the carpet, they always mentioned the buck, the carpet and hide just the sliding.

Hats off TSS. I admire you very much.

sriraman.p.s.
  • -
    http://beta.ponniyinselvan.in/articles/2009-06-08/august-meet.html

Dear Sriram,

I request your kind attention that already

Dr. Thyaga Sathyamurthy
    yourself
    TS Subramanian &
    Photographer Thyagarajan - are in the List.

Also remember there was timely repost of TSS's FRONTLINE coverage on Big temple paintings.

above link will serve more as guidelines.

And of course - because of your personal interaction with TSS we are able to know more of him..
  • Hi all

would be making a sort of final announcement tomorrow.

very interesting people like artist padmavasan, dramatist Kumaravel, have already consented to attend.

its going to be a real independence day bash.

and so we would be requiring a message from you if you intend to participate in the open house and trip.
    at least for the trip we need a cut off date to arrange.
    sivaram kannan is in charge of RSVP.
    his e mail is [email protected]
  • Please rsvp to this email id - [email protected] and
    kindly put "RSVP PSVP" to subject line.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters