Discussions in Tamil
  • Hi

Regarding mailing in Tamil -

Although its fine to write in Tamil, I would like to think that just like Kalki's books and indeed these incredible kings from our history, this group should definitely have a wider reach.

I would like the whole world to know RRC, RC and other great Tamil kings and I think Kalki's books (along with few others' ) are an ideal vehicle towards this purpose. This group is a very relevant tool for people around the world to keep the discussions, interactions and interest alive.

I also hope that together at some point of time, hopefully in the not too distant future, it will revive these golden periods of our history and erase the depraved and mediocre periods we had gone through for the last several centuries including this. The pride and glory of the Chola period is of a world standard.

RRC and RC are definitely rulers with a wider vision of the nation, something totally lacking in the current leaders (if they can at all be called 'leaders'). I think it will be in the wider and larger interest to keep majority of the discussions in English.

Tamil discussions can always be done on Tamil sites and my only sense of discomfort is in the fact that some of those who join this group with the genuine interest of knowing and participating in discussions related to many aspects of our history will not be able to follow it if it is done mostly in Tamil script.

I hope this will be taken in the right spirit.
  • Dear Sandeep,
    I do agree with you on this point. Let english language be the catalyst to spread the fame of tamil.
    with regards,
    shanthi.
  • Yeah SPS

We know absolutely nothing on the war strategies. It will be good to know the strategies of RRC and RC. I am sure both would have differed in their methods. Data on the naval fleets and strategies would have been wonderful. There was a program once on Discovery or NatGeo about RRC's war efforts, specially the use of elephants.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters