India Trip
  • Dear All
    Have been away from the group for a while thanks to Trips to Dublin and India
    India was hectic in 2 weeks covering so many places with two kids mostly plans went accordingly but had a few snags

5th reached Delhi and went to Agra and mathura and returned to Delhi
    6th New delhi and Delhi sightseing
    7th morning Car drive to mussoorie...night stay
    8th Morning Drove to rishikesh and Harirwar and reached Delhi
    9th Stabdi to Jaipur..Conference
    10th Conference/sight seeing
    11th Jaipur sightseeing
    12th Chennai
    13th met PS group friends
    14thVellore trip and met REACH freinds in the evening
    15th tirupathi
    16th Chennai
    17th to thanjavur
    18th Thanjavur
    19th drove back to Chennai as all flights from trichy were cancelled!!!
    20th back to life...

a few points I observed in my travels to our tourism has become hoteling industry...
    Mussorie is an example the queen of hills has now become a concrete jungle

Cleanliness is a major issue...The Taj and agra fort are great but the minute you step outside its urine and spittle.....same in Jaipur Jantar mantar/...

The ASI declares camera fees and video fees but no body checks only a cursary still he na...what about all the video and camera afcilities in phones that the majority
    Sriraman sir....That might be some thing worth tapping

Its about time we ivest in poilets in these places with baby changing facilities...

there are highway hotels in UP and Uttaranchal which claim green envirorment clean water clean toilets(they do maintain it)

TN needs those not mammandur Urea depot for services!!!

Shatabdi services were great comparable to airlines but the coaches could do with cleaning outside

Jaipur walled city still preserved out developement clean and planned.

Madras is far cleaner than Delhi Jaipur and Dehradun

The raods are great but we could still use lane discipline that would be the need of the hour If thailand can do it why cant we...

The Big temple as majestic as ever Thanks to SPS and Kudavoil Balsubramaniam got to darshan the Akasa lingam and Aruba lingam and see the Karanas

The Musuem is Great Sriraman sir and Sathyamoorthi sir Great work....But audio tours will be great...

In fact we should allow people to see the paintings and karanas for a price because thats art not worship but there are security issues..but since it is a small confined areas metal detectors could be used and people could be frisked.

I thought the digital remaster pictures could be photoed there were no signs saying we shouldnt bit a cleaner said its not permitted.

The nandhi where people place two fingers just to see the Uadayar is now imprisoned...

SPS sir I did check the bronze statue on the left side its still there

this is facing the Siva Parvathi Urchava moorthis and it was called RRC i the olden days

Nice to see special poojas for varahi and publicising that this and kasi are the only two places with shrines for Varahi (I dont know if its ttrue)

the Linga navagraha is publicised and you see people going there...but a question will the navagraha not always be in the Sanimoolai...

LASTLY CALLING ANIMATION EXPERTS

CAN ANY ONE CREATE AN IMAGE OF THE BIG TEMPLE WITH GOLD PLATING

Sorry its a lomg mail will continue
  • HI

thanks for the compliments. things may chnage next time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters