CHENNAI BOOK FARE
  • Dear Friends,

CHENNAI BOOK FARE -
    You all know that Chennai Book Fare starts from 6th January to 16th January in grand scale. It was very pleasure to note that large crowds were gathering at Arts College Grounds in Mount Road for the past few years (during this book season). I had been there last before year.

I would like to utilize this great opportunity to request our friends to visit M/s. NARMADHA PADHIPPAGAM for my (Stall D-20) History Novels books.

Vamsatara (Rs. 200/-) (2 parts).
    Thirumalai Thirudan (Rs. 150/-).

Though I feel sorry for this type of self promotion through our site but at the same time request encouragement from our friends towards history based novels. After reading the books, kindly send your comments. Our Sri has already sent his comments which are very valuable I treat.

The books are appreciated by famous authors like Sujata (through Ananda Vikatan), K.R.A.Narasiah, and Dr. Prema Nanda Kumar, Prof. Sirpi Balasubramanian and several Tamil weeklies and dailies. The reviews appeared in ��The Hindu�� and the same is reproduced in my blogsite ��http://www.vamsadhara.blogspot.com�� . The Publishers has just announced the 2nd edition of Vamsadhara during this year, which it self a healthy sign of improvement in book reading.

My thanks to Mr. K. R. A. Narasiah, he went a step further and recommended Jaya T.V for introduction of TIRUMALAI TIRUDAN by Sudhangan and the same was telecast during last May.

During your visit to book fair, I suggest you to purchase one extra copy of Ponniyin Selvan (now available in pocket size too) and present as gift to our near and dear. Another writer the great ��DEVAN�� novels are now available with Alliance Publishers. ��Devan�� was simply great and one way equally compared to Kalki on social subjects. His novels include ��Ms. Janaki��, Kalyaani, Mr. Vedantam and ��Justice Jagannathan�� are excellent to read. The new and upcoming writers may take Devan writings as basic. Wonderful story teller.

Lot of other new books will be coming to the fare and Chennaites are really lucky enough. Music season gone �� Book season enter.
  • Dear Venkat
    I dont think that is self promotion I think its dissemination of a good book fair
    Secondly I freely will recommend your book to any one but I didnt discuss it eloborately in the group because I did not want the suspense to be out but once a few of our members have read it Surely We can discuss

Its a really grat suggestion gifting a PS
  • Oh, so you really are the same Dhivakar? I did not believe when
    someone said that you are also in this group.

I will complete at least vamsadhara soon and give my feedback.

Krupa
  • Dear All,

Can any one explain brief about these two books. for
    reading pleasure.

Ganesan
    New Delhi
  • YES SIR! I am ardent fan of Kalki and love to be here Sir!

Dhivakar.
  • Hi Dhivakar

Really good to have you here. I am half way through thirumalai thirudan
    and yet to read vamsathara

May I know what is the new novel you are working on ? Do you write for
    any magazines or are your novels directly published as books ?
  • Hi Gokul,
    Pleased to meet you through PS group. I am yet to select the publishers for my third novel - which I am writing for the past s....i.....x..... months. This novel is on based on the 'darker period of Tamilagam became bright'. collection of lot of information is also going on at the same time.

Magazine writing - I am really worried on the scissor tool which the editor is holding on his hand and try to cut any thing and everything.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Dhivakar.
  • > Magazine writing - I am really worried on the scissor tool which
    > the editor is holding on his hand

You are right, Diwakar ! Sometimes it is just the size - so many no of
    pages - that matters - and they may end up cutting some of the vital
    things you write !
  • I went to the book fare yesterday. Though a bit
    crowded, it is worth paying a visit.

I could see KANs books "The Colas" and "Foreign notes
    of South India" at the Madras University stall.

Another interesting book is "Kadal Vali Vanigam" by
    Narasiah which is in Palaniappa Bros stall.

I also bought books on Sangam age coinage by Dinamalar
    editor & some other books on Indus script all
    available in Saiva Siddantha Kalagam stall.

Reprints of Jayakanthan, some books by
    Jeyamohan(korravai), Ramakrishnan (urupasi) were major
    attractions.

Ponniyinselvan is stall a major selling item. They are
    also recommending people to buy Nanthipuratthu Nayagi
    by Vikraman - it is now available as a single book.

Titles such as "kurai onrum illai" were also sold in
    largge numbers.
  • It is too crowded there that it is very difficult to
    spot such specific books....
    I had to go around atleast 3 times to locate the
    Sangam age tamil coins book by Dinamalar editor!
    I think they should organize it in a much bigger space
    ( manapakkam for ex )

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters