Re : : Rajendra Chozhan
  • Dear members,

I have erred in reporting Dr. Jaybee's message.

Had a detailed telephonic talk with him just now.
    He is amazing.

According to the Malay Scholar - he quoted, there was a war expedition
    against Rajendra by the Malays in Tamilnadu in which Rajendra is supposed
    to have been killed ?!

Still Worse ?!

The question of "Kadaram Thunjiya" did not arise. I erred here.

Dr. Jaybee added : He has not supported this belief.

Views : Against :

1. There were atleast 3 Rajendras known to Malays. They could not pin point
    anything with particular year.
    2. There are no inscriptional evidence in Malay.

But he assumes something of far greater propositions...

He was mentioning coalitions among East, Far-East and those Ruled Indian
    Sub-Continent and talked of Global war expeditions ...

He is planning to unfold these in Agathiar shortly...

Let us await the threads ..

Incidentally, our member Srihari should be able to throw some lights on
    these interesting things ...

But I am beginning to realise that we are opening a pandora's box..

Regards, sps
  • Hi all,

It has been a long time since I posted any message in the group. But now and then I try to read the mails and follow interesting threads.

Reg. Rajendra Chola's death- Rajendra chola is succeded by Rajadhiraja, Rajendra II and Virarajendra. Nilakanta Sastri in his Chola book quotes that latest regnal year mentioned in Rajendra's inscriptions is 33 and that rajadhiraja's inscription dated in his 26th year (260 of 1915) mentions about Rajendra's death and he concludes that his death would have happened sometime in 1044 A.D.

If we can get the text of the inscription 260 of 1915 and what it says, we might know how his death occurred.

Dr. Nagasamy told that one of Rajendra's wife performed sati near a place in Kanchipuram and her brother arranged for thaNNeer Pandal's. SB knows abt this.

SB can you share the name of the place and details about this.

Then can we assume that Rajendra was cremated in that place and his wife performed sati with him??
  • Hi all,
    The data below only confirms that Rajendra did not die in the Malay peninsula. In this case could it have been Rajendra II?
    His timespan as a ruler is pretty short(Ref: Geneology chart in the Files section).
    Could this be possible....?
  • >Hello, Vanakkam.

>neenga mudhal yaaththirai-kku yengaloda vandha Lavanya dhaaney? romba naal aachchu paaththu. apparam yeppadi irukkeenga?

>Krupa

naan nalla thaan irukkEn. amaam pazuvoor koil sengal un thalai mEla vizundu mooLai kalangiduththu illay onakku. ippo eppadi irukkE?

amaam neRaiyya naaLaachchu paarththu. mudhal yaaththirai maadhiri innoru yaaththirai Erpaadu paNNi paarththaa pOchchu. enna solra?

lavanya

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters