Dr. Sridhar Rathnam Answers your Questions on Medical Issues
  • haha., you too shankar.....

Ok, let me join the Q - Dr Srithar is going to kill me for this - Sir, what
    is this black leprosy - every other guy asks me this when asking about the
    myths surrounding every major temple including big temple and Thillai.
  • This Purana questions - i can answer.

Ven Kushtam - Is Lukoderma

karun Kushtam is simillar to Lukoderma except that the colour changes to black instead of white of Ven Kushtam.

One more me too. I saw a miracle of a karunkushtam disappearing for a person. Saw the miracle of 2 ven kushtams disappearing.

That is in that context only asking whether it is possible for a person to get all his pains relieved in a second and standup.
  • Sundarachozhar must have suffered traumatic brain injury due to his earlier wars,
    which might have resulted in epilepsy causing physical disability and sleeplessness.
    ure of

his disease !

veegopalji
  • Fact from fiction. Except that he died in kanchi pon maligai I do not think there is any ref to his illness in history
  • Divakar Sir
    Ippadi vambile maati uttuteengale! இப்படி மாட்டி விட்டுடீங்களே !

Shankar thanks for the clarification! Kushtum as we know is Leprosy caused by a bacteria like tuberculosis this can lead to loss of sensation and eventual loss of fingers and nails like MR Radha in rathakanneerரத்த கண்ணீர் (if i am correct) ... Venkushtum and karung kushtum arae as Shankar stated pigment and skin disorders. The pigment disorders and skin discolorations can change and can be treatable.

PS..it is artistic liberty...The plausible explanation is post traumatic stress syndrome. It can have physical impact...like the child becoming dumb in Oru Kai Osai..ஒரு கை ஓசை .The brain then loses the motor and sensory function (udal) but the cause is psychological(manam) we call it psychomotor dysfuction and this can revert if there was a specific trigger event which breaks the barrier.
    i trust I have clarified....எந்த நேரத்தில் கடலை மிட்டாய் krupa shankar பழையாறை வைத்தியர் என்று சொன்னாரோ இன்றும் தொடர்கிறது
    KR
    Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: [email protected]
  • நன்றிஸ்ரீதர். பழையாறை வைத்தியர் பழைய வயதான வைத்தியர்.தாங்கள் என்னஅப்படியா? புத்தம் புது வைத்தியர்.
    ஆமாம் பினாகபாணி என்ன வைத்தியர்?
    அன்புடன்
    டாக்டர் எல். கைலாசம்
  • Dear Sridhar

Is it possible for a person who is in bed with extreme pain and unmovable even with pain killers just 15 mts back to get rid of all pain in a second and able to move.

This person had a left leg - Knee fracture, ankle fracture, left tibia broken into 2, Fabula also broken and fitted with a rod, Also he had his right leg having 3 fractures, Right tibula broken fitted with screw, fabula having 2 fractures.

This man couldnot even move ( 5 days after surgery of both legs) 15 mts back suddenly gets up and start walking with the support of walker and goes to the bath room on his own.

I want to understand this phenomenon scientifically.
  • Dear ShankarIt is possible, the pain is percieved by certain receptors and pain killers act on them by blocking or binding on them...Fractures once stabilised and fixed can enable people to move....unstable fracture will be excruciatingly painful...but if that means life or death people bear the pain and get out o danger...So it is very well possible for someone and pick themselves up and walk after 5 days...with a walker...patiens having bypass walk out of bed and go hom on day 5 same with chst surgery which is more painful as the ribs move with every breath you take.....The human body is a reat wonder more importantly the mind....thas why our ancestors emphasised on the ind and body as a unit.....yoga etc... Thanks for all your questions, PS related is edical one's are fine....but it might be best to refrain from medical questions here , as here I am just like you all....an ardent PS fan.....yes a moderator as well so I should not violate our tenents of agreement... Thank youSri

Emily Dickinson
  • பினாகபாணி பேராசையால்
    பூங்குழலி மேல் ஆசைகொண்டு

மரபு மறந்து மானம் இழந்து
    நண்பனை காட்டிக்கொடுத்து...

பாதாள சிறை சென்று அந்நிருத்தரால்
    விடுவிக்கப்பட்டு......

மந்தாகினியை மழையில் கடத்த
    முயன்று அதிலும் தோற்று..

கடைசியில் கந்தமாறன் எறிந்த
    வேலில் உயிர் நீத்தான்..மறந்தீரோ?

Pinagapaani let medcine with higher ambitions and got killed by Kandamaaran while escaping with karuthiruman......who mistool him to be vandhiyadevan Sri

Emily Dickinson
  • Dear Dr,

Excelllent poem. It brought all the characterstics of pinagapani. Thank you dear.

I request the members who is capable of making of poems the entire ponniyin selvan. Is any body so far attempted this?

SPS kindly inform

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters