Marina Meet
  • Hi all

Nice to hear that the marina meeting went on well.

I am Mohan, currently posted at Hyderabad. I work for a Bank (ayooooo, sirikkatheenga, Bank than, work than).

I was plannning a visit to chennai during this week end, and was eager to be in the meeting. Due to last minuite work pressure (thiruppi sirikkeernga... nejamalume bank la work irukkum pa.. ), i cancelled the trip. I feel i missed a good opportunity to be with you all.

However, next time i will try to be there.

Bye for now.

Mohan.
  • Dear All
    It was nice to meet a lot of cyber friends in Marina...The familiar faces of Venkat and Chandra greeted me as I wandered around Gandhi statue...Satish was there and got introduced to Sabari...Shaswath arived later as did Mani Ramnath...Made me feel envious when I saw their helmets...gone are the days of biking in Madras.

We had random discussions about Pillaiyar patti...how sometimes you get to have a closer vision of the deities and some strategic lighting of the harathi reveals things previously unseen.

Sankar narayan enlightened us about the Ramayan panels and the discussions circulated around Siata's abduction the influences of Valmiki, Tulsidas and Kambar on the panels...Did ravan really touch and abduct Sita?!!!

Kalinga bala apparently was injured a couple of weeks back and was out of station. Reach Chandra described about the felicitations in the Reach awards and his new invention for clean waters to the poor...welldone Chandra...

SPS entered with his usual Kalndasoru which was a treat...and the discussion turned into the future focus of the group...We recollected the achievements of the group. Two gentlemen from Mintamil joined us and enlightedned us on the successful palmleave collection and presevation...It transpred that Sabari actually had written a software to scan palmleaves in Karnataka and had done that before.

We all agreed that members come to our group because of mutual interest in PS and we should keep a lively thread on PS at all times.

Preliminary discussions were made on a writeup for dinamalar about our activities.

I mooted the idea which Vijay Veerasamy and I came up with to have audiotours based on mobile phones...A feww members suggested that we have it as a static function on a website. Chndra explained he had the info and writeup and was keen to collaborate.

Chandra and Sabari were amazed when I described as to how the secular govt of a large islamic population in turkey was preserving ancient monuments and the excavations in troy and other places.

I also went my frustration in the fact that we are letting history dissapear in our times by all the demolition of british architecture unlike Malaysia which has cordonned off areas like Georgetown and Parktown as historic malacca

Once the main group adjourned there were more discussion as to how to focus our direction which I am sure Periayanna SPS will soon share...

For those traverlling to Thanjavur district dont miss SPS's Aditya Heritage Flats which will be inagurated soon...

We managed to clear off before somme welcome rain poured over Madras Marina

Kind Regards

sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters