Group Activities
  • Dear Sri,

hectic activities in the Group.

Leisurely go through the mails.

This also should make you feel stress-free.

Still I feel you could SMS-ed.

For years we have been waiting to see each other ..

Dear Members,

This Saturday evening after 7 pm please try to light Deepam in any
    temple of your choice in memory of Sridhar's father.. and pray ::

May His Soul Rest in Peace ..

Will interact later on Group activities with you Dear Sri..

sps
  • Dear Shankar
    people might state we mourn Karikalan than his parents but it is that Kalki and Karikalan that bind us....People who are benevelent to their interested charities have no right to comment on our activities and achievements.
    I doubt any other group has the diversity of our group and has achieved a variety of things....
    Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: [email protected]
  • and its a fact that newcomers join us for ponniyin selvan related activities and we need to cater to their interests too.
    venketesh
  • Dear Sir,
    As i mentioned individual members have achieved and are doing lot of new initiatives. However there are many members spread across the state, who are looking for some help to renovare, protect, spread awareness etc. Actually they are looking at us as a source of support.
    This gentleman was part of a group that renovated a early chola temple and is a silent member of the group. He fought with his collegues and completed the tiruppani almost 90% in traditional way and could not control the white washing of outer wall.
    These people look at us as a source of help and want us to help/Guide them.
    Since they are looking at us as a support group - something must be done. Since all of us are professionals having a job and have history as a passion - will not be able to directly get involved but we should have some support system - some activity need to be organised and running.
    For example -What is the use of crying on sand blasting if wedont do something on that? What is the use of crying on heritage when we can't send a stapathi for guidance atleast to people who want to renovate traditionally?
    We need to do something collectively and the one point on which all of us agree that we need to protect our heritage sites and to solidify that thought we should do something together.
    For example - Our member N Selvaraj sir is training the temple gurukkals around his place on neceessity of protecting heritage. Since Gurukkals are in the temple most of the time - they take care of the protection. They only took care of preserving what ever left by Cholas though there are many later govts - Turk, Nayak, Maratha, British.
    The Kamarasavalli renovation is another example.
    We need to do somethingcollectively.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters