Conservation of Chola bronzes
  • Dear Friends,
    I wish to introduce myself briefly.I am incharge of the Chemical conservation section of Government Museum, Chennai. I have undertaken a project on Conservation of south Indian bronzes(Museum's collection) and we are preserving these beautiful rare bronzes at our Laboratory. For the first time, I have got permission from our Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Museums and Archaeology Dr.T.S.Sridhar IAS to permit Heritage lovers to have a look at the conservation process at the Lab. I find people who critisize Government organisations bluntly without knowing the actual facts.My aim is to make people understand the good work that the Museum is doing.Interested people may contact me.Access to the Lab without prior permission is restricted for security reasons.
    with regards
    J.M.Gandhimathi
  • MOST WELCOME SIR.

WE ARE PLANNING A GROUP MEETING ON THE 30TH DEC.

SATHEESH WILL POST THE DETAILS.

PLS DO JOIN AND ENRICH US.

RGDS AND GREETINGS. SPS
  • Dear Ms. Gandhimathi

This is a delightful and welcome outreach. When I am in town next, I
    will take you up on your offer. Many thanks.

I was at the Museum last week, and was delighted to note that they are
    in an climate-controlled room, but the display cases themselves are not
    climate controlled (?) Since humidity is the serious culptrit, are
    there plans to include dehydrants in display cases ? Some of the
    bronzes on display had copper sulfate in niches, and would be cleaned ?
  • Dear madam

Very interesting. Could we have ur contact number. Please mail to
    [email protected]
  • Dear Madam,
    I am Chandrasekaran from REAC foundation. Mr. T S Sridhar knows us very well, also a part pf PSVP group. I have certain doubts in bronze cleaning. Can I meet you? Can u share your number to me please

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters