TOUR TO PALLAVA TEMPLES AROUND KANCHI - REACH
  • SATURDAY, the 4TH DECEMBER -

REACH CHANDRA announces a Tour to

Dammal,
    Thirupukkuzhi and
    Poigainalloor temples on the Kanchipuram - Bangalore Highway.

Leaving Chennai 7 AM

Reaching back 4 pm.

5 PM meeting at Thakkar baba Vidhyalaya

USA member Katherine will be participating.

Bangalore Sriraman Rajaraman confirmed participation.

Others too pls confirm participation to Chandra.

thanks. sps

======

We would start from Saibaba temple at Mylapore by 7 AM, bus stop opposite Adyar gate hotel by 7.10 AM, Devar Statue, Teynampet by 7.15 AM, Junction of Mount road, towards T.Nagar (Hyundai showroom at 7.20 AM, and opposite Guindy station HP petrol pump by 7.30 AM. Max. we will wait till 7.45, so that we push ourselves to the Bangalore highway. It is just a 2 hour drive and about 2 hours to see all these temples, and by 4 PM we have to return back, to enable all participate in the interview with Katherine Brobeck to be conducted by Prof.Swaminathan at Thakkar Baba Vidyalaya, by 5.30 PM, T.Nagar.
  • we got immediate response from members to add Thirupparkadal and Kaveripakkam temples too enroute..all heritage sites with more uniqueness to offer...

So we have now
    Thirupparkadal (2 temples)
    Kaveripakkam Ramar temple
    Thiruputkuzhi
    Poigainallur (3 temples)
    Dammal

Happy lot!

But we have to really start latest by 7 AM to return back by 4.30 atleast...

CHANDRA
  • kaveripakkam has 3 temples. the kottai perumal temple will be closed by 8 am, as the person need to go for his job. his no 9944223512 -santhakumar
  • Hi,
    I am Kumaraswamy and been a silent member of this group for a while.
    I am not an expert in any of the subjects but am fascinated about heritage.

I am interested in this trip and would like to know how we travel as well as
    food arrangement etc and any charges.
    Could I have them?

best,
    SKumaraswamy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters