Inscription damage
  • Dear
    I have major doubt regarding the inscription.

Recently while I am visiting a temple, I found some youngsters making or altering the existing inscriptions on the walls of the temple.

This may lead to incorrect conclusions of the script who reads in future 

Is there any criminal law not civil one treating this as a severe offence?

Actually I want to know how the scientists identify the script belongs to a particular period and inscripiton was made only during that period.

How they are identifying subsequent damages and not done by the original writer

I was informed some carbon data process may help some extent. If so, what is that process?

Experts and members please enlighten me in this regard.

You may treat me as child in this area and may give your views.

• Dear LK Sir,

You may give evidences/temple name we'll put it in the minister's ears.
    Estempage is the process, by which we apply wet thin paper on the inscriptions, beat with nylon brush and then apply lamp black soot and Indian ink mixture, applied on the surface above the paper using dog's skin beater ( a thick bun like stuff) or else if we wash well and make the sun dry the top surface and letters look wet, digital photography is best
    We have trained at least 50 members on these methods through REACH FOUNDATION and we do wherever we find new inscriptions

Chandra
  • Dear Dr.Laxman,

As requestd byou, I am enclosing an extract from a journal, at British
    council Library on "Carbon dating".

If you need any further clarification please don't hesitate to ask me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters