Digest Number 353
  • Hai everybody,

Regarding the argument between PS & SS, just keep it aside.

But after reading SS, I travelled to vathapi (Now Badami) in Karnataka. Great place indeed and a must visit place too. I really doubt Kalki's description of Pulikesi as a tyrant and heartless brute. The cave paintings there is also really wonderful. Two places near Badami, Aihole and Pattadakkal is also great. But these are temples without vigrahams. Heard that these were looted by the barbaric islam groups which raided India.

Then I thought of visiting a great empire which has gifted us out Tanjore and all the temples in south, the Vijayanagar empire at Hampi. To speak truly, the days I spent there was not enough for me. The damage created to the great dynasty by the Delhi sultans is really hurting. When people speak about terrorist attacks in the latest days, what can we say about the looting done to our country by Ghoris, Ghazni's, the slave dynasty, moghuls and so on. I literally cried for my country which inspite of these hardships, stands head high, except that the attitude of people now are very very different from the people then.

Coming back to our PS vs SS, I have read people say SS is romantic. I really differ with them, I can say Kalki in his books has a minimal blend of romance. I think both SS and PS have a major share of politics in it. But on the other hand if we take other authors, mind you, I was really worried whether other authors would be able to efficiently handle history like Kalki, My vote goes to Mr.sandilyan. Great romantic writer indeed. So I thought I can start an arguement by comparing Kalki vs others.

Iam in Malaysia now. So would like to enquire about rajendra's and Anabaya's exploits in Kadaram here. (Kadalpura and yavanarani are his master pieces). If anyone knows details about our Cholas exploits in Srivijaya kingdom here, kindly let me know, so that I can have a visit to all these places.
  • Anand
    Welcome
    If you need info on places on Chola invasion on Kadaram Check this link:
    http://www.sabrizain.demon.co.uk/malaya/hindu1.htm

As for Kalkiya Sandilyana its like comparing Manirathinam and KS Ravikumars works.
  • Hi Vaidy,

You have the best person living right there in Malaysia. I dont know
    when you joined the group, or if you have gone thru the archives.

We have Dr.Jeyabharathi living in Malaysia. He knows practically
    everything there is to know about the link between Kadaram, Srivijaya
    and the Cholas. Infact there was a dicussion just a few days ago in
    agathiyar (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/agathiyar).

He is also a member here. So you can ask here or there about what you
    need to know. It is probably best to ask him there and we could
    forward the discussion here.
    (What do you say folks? Frankly, I am quite disappointed that you
    guys have forgotten Dr.Jaybee. :( )

anpudan,
    Mathy

>
    > Iam in Malaysia now. So would like to enquire about rajendra's and
    Anabaya's exploits in Kadaram here. (Kadalpura and yavanarani are his
    master pieces). If anyone knows details about our Cholas exploits in
    Srivijaya kingdom here, kindly let me know, so that I can have a
    visit to all these places.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Vaidy
    >

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters