Food Talk
  • Hello all,

I am wondering if there are any food items that are specific to cholas/ pallavas/ pandyas or any Indian kingdom for that matter. Does it still exist in present day Indian cuisine?

Kindly share your views on this or let me know if there have been earlier conversations on this topic.

• I was told - Idly a indonesian dish, vada & sambar as marathi food

dont have any proof but heard from people

Only laddu, Appam, cheedai, el urundai, akkara adisil have some references i shared with you earlier.

can we call them Pandya ( because periyalwar refers them)
  • I remember reading the utiramerur kailasantha temple inscriptions of
    danti varma pallava and rajendra chola : which talks of the various
    items for neivethiyam, will search ref and post here. Maybe chandra
    has the full version

Vj
  • Dear,
    Recently i took meals along with family in "Rasam" They are giving foodstub of coimbatore type, However i felt that it is food type of Chera KIngdom.
  • Doctor Saab,

I have lived in Coimbatore, in Ramnagar. My School, my college( Peelamedu) and later work spot ( Ganapathy ).

Never heard of such an epithet 'Coimbatore food" not even in Chennai, where I am living for more than forty years.

'Mysore Paku' is not a term known to Mysorians. They call it 'Kadle barphi'.

Coimatore is reputed for 'Palakkadu catering experts.

The address please to taste the food.

VKR
  • Food offered to Lord of Tirumala - Idli and dosa come only in 15th cent

http://www.tirumala.org/sapthagiri/032003/food.htm
  • Dear
    It is in purasaiwakkam, Chennai.

Very near to MCTM school It is Krishna Sweets upstairs. (Situated on Raja Annamalai Road, somewhat opposite Dharmaprakash Kalyana Mandapam and a couple of buildings away from M Ct M school, )
    Nameof Hotel : Rasam.
    The taste I never enjoyed in my life. The meals has many items which are much much Ruchier than my Malar Cholai Mangai. Kindly taste it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters