Satakarni's and Tamil language
  • *There is a also quite a discussion on the war between Aryans and
    Dravidians, as Silapadhikaram fame Pandian is 'Ariya Padai Kadantha
    Neduncheziyan' and Cheran Chenguttuvan, Imanaya Varamban Neduncheralathan
    and Karikal Perumthirumavalavan were amongst other rulers to have waged war
    north. I think the last of them is the Great Rajedhra Cholan.*
    I cant get u clearly here.Are u saying Cheran Chenuttuvan and Imayavaramban
    Neduncheralathan are different persons??Isn't Illangovadigal's brother's
    original name Neduncheraladhan??Please clarify.
  • ---

For the Rama search, was going through Dr Nagaswami's article on pandyas. Ariyappadai kadanta is placed before 2nd BC. ( before mangulam inscription)

Any article on Ariyappadai kadanta nedunchezhiyan and the Karavela's inscription on the association of Tamil Kings and the link ( if any)

Is there any link?

Also it is very intresting to note - Sadakarni to Sadakanni to Nootruvan kannan ( sadm is 100) ( An article on the time of silappadikaram explains this name change)

regards

sankar
  • Date: 29-4-2010

Dear Thiru Subramaniam Sankaran,

"I thank you very much" for "highlighting" a very very important information on Tamil Legend in the Sathakarni coins, which "I failed to notice" in these two Websites, when I made use of them earlier "re Sathakarni kings in Silappathikaaram" - in writing my article titled the "Origin & the spread of the Cult of Kannaki(Paththini) - Part 1 & 2 in the 'mayyam.com' Website.

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=14038&sid=99266e5ab127de65738341cd58960830
    http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=14203

I had made use of this information highlighted by you, in Part 1 of my article.

My sincere thanks to you again

Anbudan Virarajendra
  • Hi,

Cheran Chenguttuvan, was born to Imaya Varamban Neduncheral Athan and Daughter of a Chola King.
    So father and the son had Himalayan expedition experience.

The 113 alliances of the Tamil Kings mentioned in Kalinga Karavela's inscriptions. Was formed under the leadership of Chola Illanchetchenni, for war against vadugar (Mauryans), this is mentioned in one of the songs of Purananuru. The term 'vadugar' is assumed to be Mauryans by one of the authors, who's name I forgot, and will write who it is soon. This iras evident and interesting to note that Tamil Nadu was not a part of mighty Mauryan empire.

Subramaniam Sankaran (RjC)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters