PS group and a problem.
  • All
    I have been a hovering member of the group for more than 2 years. And I have been very impressed with the level of knowledge this group has and have learnt a lot from it.

So, please do not mistake my opinions here.

As somebody who cannot afford to spend a lot of time on this group, recently, I have been completely overwhelmed by the group - unfortunately in a negative way.

Where earlier, most posts had merit and had something to offer, recently, it has been a search in haystack to find info of value. The discussions constantly veer into tangential topics. Also, more importantly, there are more posts with esoteric opinions than fact-based analysis.

When I saw the posts going on about the 500 mails on Swami Vivekananda's bday, I immediately signed off :( I'd rather see 5 good informative posts on Vivekananda rather than 500 pieces of bits and bytes.

We all have lots of opinions on any topic (even ones that we know tuppence about!) and are compelled to voice them :) However, I think there is a need for bulletin board etiquette where any post should have valuable insights or probing questions that advance understanding of the topic.

If my request sounds pertinent to many group members, I request moderators to consider how this group can help drive all of us towards a better understanding of PS and Tamil history/culture.

Looking forward to years of productive discussions,
    Deepa

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters