Article on GKC and others
  • Hi all,

Hope you all had a wonderful Deepavali.

The Hindu article on Gangai Konda Chozhapuram (GKC) was good. It revived the pleasant memories of the temple we covered in our last trip. For us we have several learned people in our group from whom we manage to get a good lot of information about these architectural marvels. But for others with interest in history, archeology and culture of our ancient past, but have no other resources, these articles only provide them with some information.

On reading several magazines and dailies, I find that ‘The Hindu’ is one paper which gives some good articles like this one. Dinamalar in Tamil provides news items and articles covering the temples, stone inscriptions, sculptures etc., In the Dinamalar dt 14-9-2003, there is a small news item saying that a stone inscription written 2300 years before in tamil brahmi lipi, is found near Madurai. In the issue dt 24-10-2003, there are articles covering Dharasuram, Thanjai periya koil and Maadambakkam Chola temple. Maadambakkam is near Tambaram (Kamal’s place). The temple belongs to Parantaka II period and several stone inscriptions are found in the temple. We are planning to visit the temple some time.

I will try to either scan or type the articles and post them. I tried to find the link in the Dinamalar.com, but in vain. If anyone of you can get hold of the issues, scan and post it, you are most welcome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters