Chennai Book Fair '09
  • Dear All,

I was in theBookFair on Thursday as well as today.It is Huge.

OnThursday I had the fortune of meeting our Dhivakar Sir and NDTV Vaidyanathan Sir,along with Sampath Sir - Ex Hindu (Still...... by faith). That was a good 1-1/2 hr for me withthem. I also had a chance to meet with "Thamizh Thenee" sir and Saravana Rajendran Sir of Min Tamil Group.It was a wonderful day. I purchased our Dhivakar Sir's Emden and Gokul's Rajakesari.

I also met our Venketesh Sir, on both the days. However the surprise was B Muruganantham, a good friend of mine, who, I did not know was a member of our group and had authored the book Feroze Gandhi.

Today I had a good Hunt andthe following are the books that I purchased on these two days.

A. History

1.Kumarik KaNdam (alladhu) Kadal KoNda ThennAdu - By Ka. Appadurai - Poompuhar Pathippagam
    2.ThennAttu POrkkaLangaL - By Ka. Appadurai - Poompuhar Pathippagam
    3. 1800 ANduku muRpatta Thamizhagam - By Ka. Appadurai - Poompuhar Pathippagam
    3.Pandiya VaralAru - By Sadasiva Bandarathar - Manivasagara Pathippagam
    4.Thenkumariyin Kadhai - By A.Ka. Perumal - Thamizhini Pathippagam
    5.Azhagar KOil - By Tho.Paramasivam - Padayal (Purchased from Niveditha Pathippagam)
    6.Pallava seppEdugaL 30 - Edited by P.Sri and T.N Subramanian - Ulagath Tamizh Araaichi Niruvanam
    7. Sangath Tamizharin vazhipAdum saDangugaLum - M Shanmugam Pillai - Ulagath Tamizh Araaichi Niruvanam
    8. SangakAla mannar kAla nilai varalARu - By VP Purushottam - AinthiNai Pathippagam
    9. Tamizh Ilakkiya VaralARu - By M Varadarajan - Sahitya Academy
    10. Ki Mu Ki Pi - By Madhan - Kizhakkup Pathippagam
    11. Madarasapattinam - By KRA Narasaiah - Pazhaniappa Brothers

B. Biographies
    1. Feroze Gandhi - By B.Muruganatham - The Avenue Press
    2. En dEsam en vAzhkkai - By LK Advani (Translated by Vasanthan Perumal) - Alliance Publishers

C. Books Related to Religion
    1. PurAdhana India ilakkiya varalARRuk kalaichol kaLanjiyam - By K Krishnamachariar - Narmadha Pathippagam
    2. SilappadhikAramum Divyaprabandhamum - By A Seenivasan - Pazhaniappa Brothers
    3. Acharya Hrudayam - By Purushottama Naidu - Madras University Publications

D. Historical Novels
    1. SMS Emden 22-09-1914 - By Dhivakar - Pazhaniappa Brothers
    2. Rajakesari - By S Gokul - Pazhaniappa Brothers
    3. Kadal PuRa - Sandilyan - Vaanathi Pathippagam
    4. Yavana Rani - Sandilyan - Vaanathi Pathippagam
    5. Raja Mutthirai - Sandilyan - Vaanathi Pathippagam
    6. CheramAn kAdhali - Kannadasan - Vaanathi Pathippagam
    7. Vetri Thirunagar - Akilan - Dhagam
    8. Kayal Vizhi - Akilan - Dhagam
    9. KaLLazhagar Kaadhali - Sri Venugopalan - Poompuhar Pathippagam
    10. VolcAvilirundhu Gangai Varai - Rahul Sankruthyayan (Translated in Thamizh)- Thamizh putthagAlayam
    11. VanchimAnagaram & KabAdapuram - Naa Paarthasaarathy - Sri Senbaga Pathippagam

E. Other Novels
    1. Gopalla Gramam - Ki Rajanarayanan - Annam Publishers
    2. Gopallapuratthu MakkaL - Ki Rajanarayanan - Annam Publishers
    3. Swamy & Friends - RK Narayan - Indian Thought Publications
    4. Malgudi Days - RK Narayan - Indian Thought Publications

F. Other Books
    1. Amarnath Yathra - By Saravana Rajendran - Varam Publishers

G. Books I wanted, but not available in Stalls (I will get them from the Publishers store directly)
    1. En Thanthai Bharathi - Biography of Bharathiyar's Daughter - Pazhniappa Brothers (Thanks to Venketesh Sir for the recommendation)
    2. Pallavar VaralARu - By Rasamanickanaar - Saiva Siddhantha NooRpathippu Kazhagam
    3. PANdiyar SeppEdugaL 10 - Ulagath Tamizh Araaichi Niruvanam
  • haha.. I think whom ever have met Venkat in the past couple of days
    would have bought "En Thantai Bharathi" - as I skimmed, i think it
    will be a good read, nice suggestion Venkat..
  • Siva

Did you go to the Book fair too?
  • Dear Venkatesh
    Very good collection Others may adopt the same. However you have forgetting to see may son's book kurravaligal jakkirathai by vikatan
  • Ofcourse I did.

1.emden
    2.en thanthai bharathi
    3.Rajakesari
    4.goal(Tamil version)
    5.Vallathu Illavarasi

And couple of more books from vikatan.

I met Divakar sir the other day, though I had to leave as soon as he
    came, I got his book signed :).
  • Save Rajakesari and Vallathu Ilavarasi for me to read during my summer.
  • Dear Kailasam Sir,

Sorry to have missed out mentioning it. Actually I have arranged for that book even before the Book Fair. My uncleworks in Vikatan. On seeing yourfirst mail regarding the book I enquired him and he confirmedthe release and he will get me a copy. In fact Ihad also asked for Vandhaargal Vendraargal by Madhan. I even spoke to him today, kind of reminding him. He has promised me these books bytomorrow.

Well I preferred to wait for him,as a mark of respect for his words to get me the book.Will let you knowonce I receive the same.
  • Dear V Venkatesh,

Nice to hear from you. very Glad.

anbudan / sps
  • SPS Sir,

Thank You. I just missed you on Thursday. You had left by then, after meeting Dhivakar Sir. I also missed our Sivaraman Kannan.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters