• From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of madhu mitha
    Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 12:16 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [ponniyinselvan] new member & to anusha
    >
    >
    You have rightly said. Words that do not comply with Tamil Grammar are those from other language.

As per tamil Grammer ��Mellinaththai aduththu varum vallinam kuzhaiyum�� (may be some change in this phrase). The Meaning is that if a Vallinam like Ka, Sa, Da, Tha, Pa, Ra, comes after Gya, GNa, na, Ma, na, ya, ra la, va, zha, La, then the vallinam will be softened.

For example,

Poigai, Anbu, MaruDham, Neidhal

Words like Brahma, Ganapathi, Gangai are not from Tamil.

Hope this will through some insight.

For Second Kha, Pha etc., we put one Mey Ezhuththu before the actual letter.

Fourth Gga, Bba etc., are not used in Tamil. I remember one speech of Swami Kripananda Vaariyar. He said, tamil contains soft letters which requires less maathirai (Syllabal), and reduces the stress, which other languages contain. This makes tamil sweeter and easier. The more you give pressure for syllabals more pressure is on your breathing system. Speaking Tamil is accordingly a pleasurable exercise.

Hence, what is written in Tamil can be pronounced as such, provided they are original Tamil Words. As you cannot write Zha and say the same as you say in Tamizh, there are certain alien words and letters to Tamil.

Learned friends can add more or correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
    Venkatesh Krishnan

---------------------------------
    Yahoo! Mail
    Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.
  • Could you please state the language of each PONNI. File & Folder
    as part of its label?
    I was just very disappointed to find that the Pudukkottai tour '03
    folder contents was all in Tamizh [sp?].
    Thank you
    Kathie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters