Rajadhi rajan : inscription found in Adnajur Anantheeswar Temple (Dinamalar)
  • Dinamalar 18.12.2012 - Chennai Edition - reported :

Inside the sanctum over the pillars - an inscription :

" PAANDIAYAN THALAIYUM
    CHERALANCHALAIYUM
    ILANKAIYUM THANDARKONDA
    KOPPARAKESARI PANMARAANA
    KO RAJADHI RAJA THEVARKKU
    YAANDU PATTHAVADHU ... "

These details have stirred several postulates :

Who else - other than Adithakarikalan beheaded any Pandia King - post Rajendra Era?

Rajendra established chola - pandias ( healthy relationship by matrimony) - and they ruled like Viceroys (under the British Queen ) - observed KAN Sastri in his The Colas.

Rajadhiraja was NOT Parakesari but RAJAKESARI ..

We will visit the temple and get more details first-hand and revert soon.

sps
  • It Must be Rajadhiraja 2. Who intervened in thePandya succession war. One Pandya was supported by Sinhalas. After Chola's victory over Sinhalas, the Pandya supported by Cholas became a traitor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajadhiraja_Chola_II
  • Dear all, It is Rajadhiraja I only refer to History of cholas in google. Thanks, Ragavendar.C
  • Dear sirs,

In the said inscription, the title Parakesari confusion is already found in an inscription of Rajadhiraja is clearly explained by Sri.K.A.N in The Colas(1955)- Page 247-8.

His meikkeerthi starts with "thingaler pera valar" gives some accounts and "thingaler tharu" gives elaborated accounts too... those accounts clearly in accordance with the current inscriptional lines...

It seems that the Rajadhiraja of this inscription is RajadhiRaja I S/o Rajendra I...

The year 10 (1027-28),falls in his father's reign...

It has been perfectly assumed and illustrated by Sri.VishwakSenan in his Senkathir Malai novel, which I read in one shot...

Thanking You

SakthiSree

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters