Reach Award function today
  • Hi all

Today's function was very interesting. Dr Balakrishnan IAS explained about the Sun worship in Orissa.

Chaurasi is the place in Orissa and people are called Chaurasias ( Refer the famous flute artist Pt Hariprasad Chaurasya)

He traced the name to Zorashtrian, Saurashtra and Chaurasis. How the wells there use the invisible under ground duct system which was used 3000 yrs back in Iran, The reference of Pranali ( underground duct) refered in Hatikumba epigraph of Karavela developing underground water system etc.

Very very interesting.

Also Dr Rajareddy made a short presentation on Andhra coins. gajalakshmi coins of satavahanas were a surprise to me.

Dr A N Chandrasekar explained on his works in Aruganmalai village. where every one were telling Arugan means jaina place but kanchi mahaswami refered to his father that it is harihara malai and siva & vishnu were under the hill. later fafter 70 years they discovered the moortis of both siva and vishnu ( late pallava) and built the temple. He also refered that on the eve of the kumbabishegam, kanchi mahaswami came in the dream of a devotee to go and see the kumabishegam at aruganmalai which is being done by a person having his name ( chandrasekara) and also mentioning that a new ambal also has come.

• Dear
    Wish the function succes
    Dr L Kailasam
  • Dear ShankarThat was a nice SummaryChandra well done as alwaysIf permissible it would be nice to see some slides if there were any.
    KRSri
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson
    To: [email protected]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters