Bronze said to be RRC
  • Here you go from Kudavoil sir's book
  • Dear,

Instead of locking Great RRC ina museum, it is better to make him to pray siva, he had done all most all of his life.

The best choice is Mylapore Kapaleeswarr temple, in a prime place with full description of what he did to saivasiam and to the society in general.

Our present sivapathasekaran may help to co-ordinate this thiyveega karayam.

Members may share their opinion.
  • i would request members to hold their emotions. return of such treasures are
    not a simple task. the Famous London Nataraja case is a fantastic front
    runner. That he could be brought back is based on the strong case and the
    evidences presented. in the current instance, we unfortunately have no clear
    or even circumstantial evidence to even date this bronze. So lets focus ours
    on this first.
  • sirs'

If you keep the idol in side a 'Garbagraha', that means the details and beauty are lost for ever.

kothand
  • I used to be emotional on this earlier but it makes more sense to keep them there as such, if it was not taken in the past few years.
    Its the philosophy that is critical, I know that british museum shows the nataraja in a good light and is definitely promoting the word across to a wide range of audience.

Shiva and his tathuvam (Nataraja is a concept / energy force) is not alien to us, but to many outside, him being in TN is not going to make a big difference but him showing his source here, does make a difference.

Unless it is of irreplaceable value, like the Kohinoor.

- R
  • Can we summarise that

Ideally we should install a moorthy as a nayanmar than one on Road - we should take it up on a positive note with epigraphical proof. But i know that will open a pandora box in other monuments. Then people will start like install Vakdevi back, allow worship in Srinivasanallur etc etc. ASI will not agree.

The only other possibility is - One in Chennai along with Rajendra - Father son duo- in a thematic fashion - like Gandhi's Dandi yatra statue in delhi, Thyagaraja statue in Hyderabad
  • sirs'

If you keep the idol in side a 'Garbagraha', that means the details and beauty are lost for ever.

kothand
  • if you think as 'Idol ' - yes...
    Deivam endral athu deivam.
    Once the 'God' is moved out of the energy incantation spot, it becomes a stone, then it does not matter if its on the front yard or a library or museum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters