108 Divya Desams - thirumala - 002
  • sir

good start.. but regarding the combined moorthamof siva and parvati, i beg to differ..

the lingam itself is uma maheswarar.. a joint representation of Siva and Parvati in supreme bliss.. a typical vajroli stance..

remember seeing the lingam part of Kumbeswarar in kumbakonam burstig at the top also....
  • sir

i read in deivathinkural (no idea about the baagam).. that lingam is sadhashiva alone...

periyavaa explains soundarya lahari and says that brahma, vishnu,rudra and sadhashivam pray to lalithaa and the supreme unison of shiva and shakthi is inthe "kameswaran - Kameswari " roopam...

the concept of attaching genital meaning to Lingam was thoroughly condemned by swami vivekananda . i think that was the first condemnation of the western thought..

might be the sanskrit meaning of the word would have denoted that to them...

reg, varahamurthy, you are the most qualified sir.. request you to kindly write on varahamurthy also...

mukkur lakshminarasimhacharyar has glorified varahamurthy in Kuraiondrum illai series as the most brilliant avataram even surpassing narasimhar...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters