WHITE ELEPHANT & WHITE SERPHANT
  • Dear Dhivakar,

Thanks for your mail.

I could speak to some Scholars and get some clarifications over phone.

White Elephant / White Serphant are putforward as SYMBOLISM..

Kundalini - process of awakening (hidden powers in human) - by Yoga / Meditation - is denoted by these processes.

That awakening creates awareness of SUPREME BEING ..

and SAUBLIMES the Saadhakar.,, (performer).

There is more to it also.

Honestly speaking I was not so much aware of BALARAMAR... Now I am beginning to know... thanks to our respected member Katherine.

regards / sps
  • Interesting this
    our Pazhuvetayar symbol is Panai ilai :-)
    Balarama's flag too :-)
  • sps sir

as u rightly pointed out, serpent represents kundalini...

and that is why patanjali munivar who is the creator of yogasutra is representated as a serpent... the coiled kundalini raises by practising the yoga....

it is also sid that kundalini moves through the spinal cord when one starts dancing....and the faster it travels through the spinal cord to the top the faster it falls and creates havoc on human pschye causing undue arousal

that is why discotheques creates lot of illeffects...

also i heard that this is the reason why dance has to be learned through a master say something like bharathnatyam has this guru sishya paramparai to ensure that the kundalini rises in a controlled manner while learning / performing dance...

may be nataraja has a serpent denoting this kundalini...
  • Serpent represents Kundalini - is accurate enough (kundalini is a core group of nerve endings that is in a spiral form at the base of the spine)

All below statements on disco etc are not substantiated with any proper evidence.

Dancing by itself is a form of art, be it theru koothu or disco or bharata natyam. What happens in a disco is different from an effect of kundalini, the intoxication of alcohol and hormone acts have nothing to do with dance per say.

Saints in kasi take marijuana - it is like concluding that being a saint you must take marijuana.

> it is also sid that kundalini moves through the spinal cord when one starts dancing....and the faster it travels through the spinal cord to the top the faster it falls and creates havoc on human pschye causing undue arousal
    > that is why discotheques creates lot of illeffects...

- R
  • ravi sir

the kundalini aspect of dance was told to me by one of respected yoga teacher and practitioner. so must be true.iam not talking "too big to fail" concept...as you are very learned than me, you very well know that certain things are experiences which cannot be proved as per the basic laws of science that exist today.

sir, certain sects of saints, predominantly in kashi take Marijuana...they need to follow the "Panchamakara"....and taking marijuana isone of the "panchamakara"...

so to be a saint of that sect you need to take marijuana...

it is a different aspect of an argument that whether you will accept those sect of people as saint....
  • Hello Dhiwakar

I am humbly reflecting the science of kundalini to the myths around it. I am not a practicer of the great art and not necessarily want to be doing so, hence it be known that my knowledge is not very accurate, I base this upon studies and logical analysis with Thirupugazh , Githa and modern science.

Note 1:
    Yoga sees everything in a passive light, I am positive your yoga teacher is a Hatha yoga expert, according to the Githa every dharma in essence is a yoga and it changes as per the yuga.
    Hatha yoga addresses one major aspect of life - the body with the mind (intellect) as it sees the body. Its only a start and if you follow that - it would take at least 12 years of hard core staunch practice to even raise a spark in kundalni. Kundalini though is Mind over matter not other wise.

People who do not have any form of dance can also be sex maniacs and there are many who go to a disc yet have a very sane - lovable life.
    You cannot generalize these statements, I am not sure if your yoga teacher has been to a disc or danced so to validate the theory.

Note 2:
    Marijuana is a nerve simulator.
    When kundalini (the reversal of sexual energy from your own body) is raised it uses the alchemy of the body and catches 'fire' while it travels up the spine. It takes the three nerve endings of the brain (ida - pingala - sushma) forcing a white light seen thru the mind's eye (reverse retinal reflection), giving the brain a force of travelling beyond the speed of light. Which is ONLY possible if we spine is held in a stiff position say like padmasana or vajrasana - even ardha padamasana (which is reverse of what dancing does).
    Now there is one other way to hold the nerve /kundalini simulation - a deep smoke of marijuana (ofcourse for medicinal purposes only :-) ). These saints raise kundalini to a point where they feel it enter the spine and then puff up marijuana and get to be in bliss until the effects wear out.

Now what name you give to those guys is not a point of contention, it hardly matters, their view is also same about us.
    How you use your body is immaterial as long as your body can hold the energy generated by the kundalini.

I think I got the medical lingo right to some extent, Dr.Sridhar or any one else - can u please position the message in right language.

PS: I am not advocating a support of marijuana - I am just mentioning its purpose with some people in a different way.

- R
  • Dear Friends,

If the discussion is leading in the direction of marijuana etc., let us deviate ...

I know Ravi - you are not advocating.

thanks.

sps
  • ravi sir

a good and laughable take on the yoga guru..

anyways, he has crossed all these points in his life sometime or the other and shares his knowledge with us..

coming to your point of people being sex maniacs, it is very true...according to the explanation, sometimes kundalini starts arising without ones knowledge/through improper methods and when it is stuck up without being properly raised, people become sex maniacs or become so obsessed with one partner...

and yes there are people who are sane and lovable inspite of being to discotheques.. please note sir, they are proviso's.

when we say that smoking causes cancer, we can argue that there are lot of nonsmokers who are affected due to cancer and lot of smokers who lead a normal life.. something similar to that....

it would be interesting to note that lot of people say drinking lot of coffee causes bad health... but my grandma was living entirely on the hottest possible coffee till her 83.

right from the age of 14, she would vomit immediately whatever solid food she takes....

but when i verified this i found that caffeine if taken very hot does not harm the body and the colder it becomes the hazardous it becomes...

regarding note 2, very well explained sir.. i did not contend whether to use marijuana is right or not..

i just replied that saints of a certain sect use marijuana and it is ritual in their sect and to be a saint of that sect , you need to use marijuana as it is.
  • Dhiwakar Ayya: Sir ellam solli enna confirmed kilavan akidathinga... i am a very very junior member....

Anyway, intha caffeine story is disputable.

- R
  • sir

nothing is indisputable inthis world sir.. even this statement.

anyway, you run a software company in US and chennai...also tirupugazh , bhagavad gitai reserach all doing sir you...researching them and achieving some conclusions is not possible in a very short span of life, unless you are "karuvile thiru"..

so confirm kizhavan dhaan sir neenga...
  • Deivame... ithu rombo too much!

katravarukke....Katrathu kai man alavu.. kallathathu ulagalavu..
    kandippa I am not in the base line category :-)
    But from how you speak, you are a katravar :-)

- R
  • Dear Ravi,

We always know what is WHITE ELEPHANT..!!

I have been requesting to you to write on MAYAN DYNASTY - and elaborately write what you mentioned in our Souvenir.

awaiting.. pls post with photos too.

best regards / sps
  • Sps sir, i have that in my mind, off late heavy work load. Will try and allocate time from this week on... Also to write the meaning of sinathil ethanai song in thirupugazh.

maranthirupinga nu nenachen... :-)

- R
  • sir

what you have said on me is definitely "vanja pugazhchi ani".. iam damn sure..

request you to kindly write on the request of sps sir and enlighten us

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters