Thank you
  • Dear forum members, I wish to join the esteemed group of many friends who have quit recently.

I very much wanted to be a 'silent member' - but it is impossible for me to stay silent against blatant bigotry and rightism.Every human has limited time and energy and I consider mine worthless when it is spent dealing with bigotry and as i have no interest in speaking for those who maintain safe silences. Also many of these friends are the main reason i was here, their knowledge and persepctives have enriched my life greatly and do not have enough words to thank for that.

Thank you to all below -
    Dear Vairam/VJ/Chandra - for your genuine and deep interests and generous knowledge sharing.
    Dear Muthu/Arun Krishnan/Vinjamoor Venkatesh - none of you have said much recently but your intelligent observations are much remembered.

Dear sisters Pavithra/Deepa/Swaroop and moderators SPS, Thiru and Dr Sri - thank you again for your sharings and effort.

Ravi and Venkat, we will and should keep talking further.

I will deeply and truly miss all of you and am sorry to see PS go this way. But I guess every group and every person has a journey we need to follow, and as the Gita truly says we best serve by following it well.

Warmest Regards

Malathi
  • Malathi:

Its really sad for this, yes I did observe that many of the prominent writers became silent, there was a point when i had written to a few personally to start back again.

Knowledge is unending and the one who takes a stance of a side always loses that in the ocean of unknown. Like I have always insisted, Religion has taken more toll of people lives than any natural calamity yet. Its purpose being lost, the system yet continues to erode us of true knowledge.

Your words:
    >> Every human has limited time and energy and I consider mine
    >> worthless when it is spent dealing with bigotry and as i have no
    >> interest in speaking for those who maintain safe silences.

Remind me of a song in Thirupugazh:

"Thunaiyai Kaaval seivai endrunara paavigal paal un thulaya paadalai yaanum pugalveeno Muruga"

- Know not that you are the protector, yet dont offer me the stance of beholding your glory to those who do not recognize ye.

Gud luck & God Bless!
    - R
  • Dear Malathi
    Its really sad that you've taken this decision.
    We will definitely miss ur inputs on wide variety of topics.. my fav were
    Mahabharata and Ramayana.
    All the best for ur blog. Hope to meet you soon there!
  • Dear M,

I'll miss you too - especially (like Swaroopini said)
    the Mahabharata/Ramayana discussions, and your thoughts on other topics as
    well. But its your decision, and I respect it. Here's hoping we meet again.
  • Dear madam,
    we will definitely miss you and your various inputs on the variety of discussions. I have to thank you for your excellent remarks on my karthigai story and encouragement for the on going historical novel. Madam kindly reconsider your decision.
  • Dear Ravi,
    Thanks for remembering me w the English. . .
    kathie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters