My heritage trip
  • Dear All,

Wishing u all a very happy and prosperous new year..am wishing late as i was away on a heritage trip of places in and around tiruvarur.. it was a wonderful experience..am listing the places and temples i visited during the three days from 02-01-2007 to 04-01-2007..

1)Nilatharpana puri(Adhi vinayagar temple--Vinayagar has a human face here).
    2)Koothanur(Maha Saraswathi Amman)
    3)Thirumayichur(Lalithambigai--Here you can see a gold anklet around ambals legs, just like any human being(goind around the leg and not just placed on the surface).
    4)Thirunallar(Saniswaran temple--presiding deity-dharbaranyeswarar)
    5)Thirupugalur(here thirunavukarasar got mukthi)
    6)Thirukannapuram(souriraja perumal)
    7)Thiruchengattangudi(Siruthondar @ paranjothiyar's birth place..temple is in ruins now..was really pained to see that..ther(temple car) is in shambles.presiding deity is uthrapatheeswarar)
    8)mela poodhanur(My father's birth place)
    9)Enngann(murugan temple)
    10) Needamangalam santhana ramasamy temple
    11)Alangudi(dhaksinamurthy(guru) temple-abathsagayeswarar)
    12)thiruvidaimaruthur(mahalingasamy temple-here one can get rid of brahmahatti dhosham-this temple is so beautiful and huge that i was wonderstruck by it..one shd never miss it)
    13)suriyanar koil
    14)darasuram(airavatheeswarar temple..excavations r still going on..beautiful carvings..went at 1:30PM, so nadai was closed..cudnt see the lord,but had to be contended with the outer prakarams and carvings..it has been declared a heritage site by UNESCO..one shd never miss it..resplendent beauty.
    15)Patteeswaram(famous for durgai..dhenupureeswarar-saw and confirmed frm people and inscriptions tat this is the thirumazhapadi in "ponnar meniyane..mazhapaadiyul manikkame"..also this is pazhayaarai(if im correct)).
    16)Thanjavur big temple(i visited this at around 6:45PM..so cudnt capture this temple under sunlight..so am really sad..neways it was awesome as usual..was crowded as i visited it on the thiruvadhirai day)
    17)mariamman temple, thanjavur
    18) how can i miss the great periya koil of thiruvarur..saw the sayarathchai of lord thyagaraja and cudnt come out of that beauty..he is indeed the raja of the lords..kamalalayam is beautiful as usual.

i cudnt visit GKC..can someone tell where , this is, so tat i can visit the next time i visit thiruvarur
    also wanted to visit thirupurambiyam,thirunaraiyur and sreemushnam..but cudnt..god had willed that way i think..but i wont miss the next time.

i will be posting a detailed description of each temple along with the pictures soon..
  • Dear Mouli,,

Please publish some photos that u like very much ...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters