Veera Narayana temple Belavadi - Karnataka
  • I think a place like will be worth holding our meet - what beautifully and intricately sculptured pieces.
    >A real work of ART. Amazing
    >
    >The Veera Narayana temple is located in Belavadi(Kannada: ಬೆಳವಾಡಿ), also known as Ekachakranagara, a village in Chikmagalurdistrict of Karnataka.This ornate trikuta (three towers) temple was built in 1200 CE by Hoysala Veera Ballala II. The material used is Chloritic schist.Each of the shrines has a complete superstructure (tower on top of shrine) andis one of the largest examples of Hoysala architecture. While the famous temples at Belur and Halebidu are known for their intricate sculptures, this temple is known for its architecture. The plan of this temple is unique in that two of the shrines face each other on either side of a wide and spacious open mantapa(hall) containing 37 bays. There is also an older shrine containing a closedmantapa with 13 bays and a closed mantapa with 9 bays at the end of which is a central shrine. This third shrine is an older construction and exhibits a perfect Hoysala
    architectural idiom containing tthe basic elements of Hoysala temple
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>________________________________
    >
    >
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >Note: I am sharing what was shared with me; if its something you dont like or seen before, hit the delete key and move on................
    >இறைவன் மனிதனுக்குச் சொன்னது கீதை, மனிதன் இறைவனுக்குச் சொன்னது திருவாசகம், மனிதன் மனிதனுக்குச் சொன்னது திருக்குறள்"
    >If you wish to forward this PLEASE REMOVE all Email IDs before you send it on, and use the BCC area when forwarding to one or more persons at once
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters