Dr. B.R.Ambedkar against conversion to Christianity and Islam
  • Dr. B.R.Ambedkar against conversion to Christianity and IslamDr. B.R.Ambedkar is one of the greatest statesmen and scholars of India. He was a Dalit and underwent terrific humiliations. He rose to great positions like Member of the (British) Vice -Roy's Executive Council, Cabinet Minister in the Government of the Indian Republic. He was the Convener of the Committee drafting India's Constitution .He devoted his life for the upliftment of Dalits, for their political rights like reserved and defined representation for dalits in the Legislatures of India and so on. He was not satisfied with the progress made by India in rooting out the social and economic backwardness of SCs. In frustration, he said, "I was born a Hindu, I do not want to die a Hindu".Christian Missionaries approached him to convert himself and his dalits to Christianity. They promised huge financial and other inducements . The Muslims also pleaded with him for conversion to Islam. In fact,
    the Nizam of Hyderabad offered him Rs. 75 mln if he and his flock converted to Islam.Dr. B.R.Ambedkar spurned the offers of Christins and Muslims . He said: if one converts to Christianity he ceases to be an Indian. The brotherhood in Islam is confined to the Believers; that is, only to Muslims. It cannot promote universal brother-hood. I will not convert to either of these religions . I will convert to one of the religions that are born here, in this country India. Of all the various Indic religions, Sanatan Dharma, Arya Samaj, Vaishnavism. Savaism, Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Veerasevism, etc. Buddhism appeals to me most . It is all humanity embracing . It has no castes. I will therefore convert to Buddhism and advise all my Dalit brothers to convert to Buddhism and avoid conversion non-Indic religion.Dr. B.R.Ambedkar's patriotism and his message of patriotism to be the down -trodden in India is very clear- Conversion to non-Indic religions is
    undesirable and will be detrimental to the integrity of this nation and this country. The truth of this is borneout by facts - those areas where the majority Indian population has converted to the non- Indic religion, Islam had seceded from India( Pakistan and Bangladesh). In the north-east of India, most people were converted by missionaries to Christianity and therefore, they are also engaged in secessionist movements and insurgencies.
    http://www.votebankpolitics.com/sc/sc2009/sc200905/conversion-gandhi-ambedkar.html
    Regards,S.KarthikVandemataram

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters