Indra and Varuna
  • Dear Sir,

Why dont you discuss with some vedic scholars and post - rather than the views of some one who depends on the translation.

That will help us to understand. Right now i cant take up anything other than Ramayana and has a timeline to complete.

Most of these scholars do not complete any research. Wherever they have gaps - they fill that with Aryan/Dravidaiyan, Caste system etc etc.

I am telling repeatedly with just around 11 Shakas of the original 1100+ shakas of vedas are remaining- no useful research would be possible.

As for as the yagams of today - Varuna has a place .
  • Don't you think Sankar, your advice if not impromptu, is positively out of place.

I have given Links only what some sholars have writtenabout Indra and Varuna as seen in veda and Purana.

I have not made any remarks in this message,

You can implement your suggetion your self, Go to vedic scholars who are learned in vedic and related literature.

on your own observation refrain from making any comments.

Yagnas are propreitory rights of Brahmins, wether he is a scholar or not.

Every vaidica Brahmins I meet, I enquire wether the have studied Thathreya upanishad. " no sir " is their reply. Few say they hane learnt to recite, only recite.

Hail this Brahminism of total ignorance !

They learn some essential manthras to conduct or guide on nithya Karmas and pujjas. Evem there many cannot do without books.

I have been using Books with Sanskrit slokas and its "pathavurai" and pozippurai".My sources are of Ramakrishna mut and for some times for comparative study Chinmays works.

Kothand
  • I cannot presume what you imp,y by " somebody else" , Mr.Sankar.

"Rudra,.... WE " unless you give some reference discussion is impossible, nor you make yourself diligent.

VKR
  • Dear VKR,

Request you to refrain from such comments as 'Hail this Brahminism of total
    ignorance '....ignorance is part and parcel of humans and to come out of it
    the purpose of life.

If you go and ask a DK member, what is the principle of his organization, I
    am sure 150 out of 100 will not know :) even if they know, they may be
    contradicting themselves. So this is universal and lets refrain from such
    generalizations.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters