the words pushed me hard into RJC's ganges war
  • dear all,

I wish to tell some thing about my posts about RJC's GANGES War. At first I i had a thought to write a story about the ganges war, and started it. in between that i had a talk with vijay sir, he said a story must contain enough interesting things to make it better. so I stopped the story temporarily and simply reading some thing about this war.
    while surfing i read a discussion of our legendary members, in our PSVP. I have cut the  piece of that discussion and pasted here,  

The following timeline is interesting as Mahmud of Ghazni starts his invasion after Rajaraja ascends the throne and goes on till Rajendra is about to get on with his peak of invasions (1025A.D - Ghazni dies after the last raid on Somnath). Arya-varta or Deccan plateau and Gangetic plains are seeing a two-pronged invasion and raiding. One starting from the South and Other originating from North-West. Both are bloody in their character and go aboutripping through the central part, eastern part and the western borders of India. Incidentally the Paramara kingdom of Malwa(Dhar) is not touched by Mahmud of Ghazni, hence they are able to carry on their fight with the Chalukyas with aid from others. Ironically, nobody was able to stop Ghazni at least within the Indian territories and he has a free run all the way from Lahore in Punjab upto Kannauj in UP, down the entire Rajasthan, Sind and Gujarat(upto Somnath) on the coast.
    Ghazni is after Somnath, raiding for Gold and plunder, while Rajendra embarks on the Srivijayan conquest around the same period 1024 AD. Its a mysterythat two Kings who were big-time raiders around the same time, chose not to fight each other.

i have highlighted the words, which hurt me, and also confused by the last line why RJC left a great chance of a great battle with a diferent type of warriors. I thought that  HOW, A son of siva patha sekara, whose name has been written in GOLDEN letters in a large volume of indian history, could give up a battle against mahmud of ghazna who plundered the temples of north west india upto kannauj.

These words pushed me hard, into the battle field in deep. That's why I want to share my details which I collected, and acceptable after for a long verification.

I start it from his meikkeerththi, after for a long analyzing, I have traced the battle road, which goes in two directions. one is 3500 km long and the another one is 2500 km long from TANJORE by national highways. both are very hard to reach the end. FINALLY I have pointed the some UNknown places of the meikeerththi, with acceptable details by the scholars. All the places have a lengthy details which contains kings, kingdom borders, their representatives and feudatories.

here I  put a link of the first detail that i got via internet about this war which REFUSED  an imporant event of this war which is

" the genral of  RJC crossed the GANGES ".

http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=3MIsAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA655&lpg=PA655&dq=chola+invasion+on+bengal&source=bl&ots=u-tpoBY_CU&sig=ROJciLDzIQr64q8NI65tMdD5qek&hl=en&ei=8q19TKO1HZCjcaed3NAJ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCgQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=chola invasion on bengal&f=false 

After read this article , I try to trace the battle road which goes towards bengal, at the end, I was stopped at the southern banks of ganges.

Even I have traced the whole battle road, to ensure all the dynastic details i have to collect the inscriptions. I got some inscriptions and some books.

If I get the chola's inscriptions related to ganges war as it is in the inscription, because every letter has an importance, it will be more useful for me to do this one better. 

thanking you.
  • way to go Sree. Keep writing and discovering more.
  • Any news on this in Indalur Plates discovered recently?

any news on that?

regards_,_._,___
  • thank you very much vijay sir.

dear all,

Before get in to the battle road, I read the MEIKEERTHI,many times to under stand it well.After fora number of times readingthe words and its writing method, i thinkit has been composed, as an easy pronouncing poetry about that time. NOT NOW.

The Meikeerthi ( prasasthi ), was normally considered as, an announcement on the arrival of the KING, by an well trainedsoldier. some where common people may beused toannounce this MEIKEERTHI.While anouncing, the arrival of the king,In an assembly or in a public place, there should not be any mistakes or mis pronouncing.We must keep this in mind.

I felt that,The RJC's MEIKEERTHI, has been composed by simple words,as much as possible, with some tamil translated words also.

Now let us get in to the battle road,

1. விக்கிரம வீரர் சக்கரக் கோட்டமும் (chakra kottam which had bravious warriours)
      This is the first line given in MEIKKEERTHI ( prasasthi ), Let us start from here, ALL the scholars notify this place, as the BASTAR region situated near to the CITHRAKUTA hills, south west to andhra, now its in chattisgargh state. Inscriptions says the name of the country as “ chakra kotya ”. It also had another name “ Bhramara kotya Mandala ”.
    It was ruled by the nagavamsi kings. Even , enough records are not available, 
    wecouldget the name of the king around the ganges war.
      The book “Dimensions of human cultures in central India: Professor S.K. Tiwari
     Gives some details about the kings of bastar,  the king SHANKA PALA, is being compared with the king who requested the MALWA king SINDHU RAJA ( father of Bhoja raja ), to terminate the disturbances by his neighbours. ( noted from , the kavya “ NAVA SASHANKA CARITA ” composed by Padma guptha the court poet of SINDHU RAJA. )
    In a book, its authorKailash Chand Jain, Says that SINDHU RAJA’s reigning years lies between “ 995 to 1010 ”.

S.K. Tiwari’s book also gives SHANKA PALA’s successor as “ NRAPATI BHUSANA ” according to an inscription dated as 1022 or 1023 A.D.
    The inscriptional details are given in the book Descriptive lists of inscriptions in the Central Provinces and Berar. Some other books says the name of the king as “ NIRVITI BHUSANA ” because of the mutilated portion of the first part of the name. theybore the title as “ lord of bhogavathi and parama maheswara parama battaraka maharaja ” these words shows their independancy.
    Now let us go to our MEIKEERTHTHI line “ விக்கிரம வீரர் சக்கரக் கோட்டமும் (chakra kottam which hadbravious warriours), ”
    There was a friendliness between the kings of chakra kottam and malwa kings. Also RJC had a friendliness between malwa. By this we can assume that this chakkarak kottam may, accept RJC as the OVER LORD and help him by adding his army with RJC’s ARMY or a little war may be taken place.
    I will come back soon with the details of Aathi Nagar.

thanking you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters