A VERY DAMNING ... Poverty !
  • My dear friend Shank,

You seem tobe reluctantto includemy post, while replying. This is not fair.You should let other membersread your replies in context with my thoughts.

I have laid emphasis on levels of poverty which is a major cause for indiscipline and lack of hygene.

Agatha Geetha apprehends us " Yoga cannot be taught to a hungry man nor a man who is overfed ".

Regaeds
    VKR

Dear Sir,

This has noting to do with British Rule.

Just ask-

1. There are so much laws? has any thing been implimented?

2. Road sense - Take any western or countries like Singapore/ malaysia - Are we follwoing any rule?

3. Like that - Pollution, Building rules , water bodies - Was that the condition in any of the known historic period - be chola, pandya, pallava, mugal, vijayanagar or british?

This is totally due to lack of self dicipline, mis understanding of freedom. Whoever tried to enforce law was ultimately defeated in elections.

A country which wants to prosper should take responsibilities first and freedom next.
  • Dear Sir,

I feel poverty cannot be linked to poor adherence to law.

Take the example of Singapore. It was thrown out by Malaysia. They were asked to leave. They were very poor at that time.

Tell me - was that poverty a deterent to adherenceto law? That poor country had strict laws, enforced it and now continue to enforcethat as a rich country.

I feel poverty has no link to breaking laws.Poverty is maximum related to thefts.

We break every law right from viloating red signal to zebra crossing.....As Nani Palikivala said " We are not governed by Constitution but by the holes in the constitution"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters