ஒரு நதியின் நசிவ
  • தாயைப் பழித்தாலும், தண்ணீரைப் பழிக்காதே - நதி என்பது தீர்த்தம்

All these sayings have no relevance today.

There is no point in criticising the politicians and the sand mafia.

Just think for a minute what we are doing:

1. for clening the teeth - right from kids we never use a mug. ratherwe open the pipe and wash. Where only a mug is required, we use a bucket.

2. Shower - Is that not a luxury?

3. In hotels, just a glass of water is enough for washing hands. But people open the tap, slowly wash hands and use 5 mugs.

Those days when we used to carry water from urani, kulam, kanmai or well, we consumed little water. Now with bore well, when water is easily available - we create a sakkadai river with bore water.

Bathing in Kulam, did not create any waste water ( fish clean them).

When we left empty space around house, this waster water used to water plants but we are cementing every place.

With so much construction around, unless there is an alternative material- sand is bound to be used.

In this case - every individual is a culprit. Our Great Grand Parents used to shout that wasting water is " Dharidram".

Even Holy ganga is not left out. When i referred Ganga, i was pulled up by a villager who correctedme as Gangaji - After calling Gangaji he continued to pollute the river. That is what we are doing.

I hold every one of us responsible for this.
    Nature will answer this fittingly.
  • One of the things I really enjoy, when in Bharat, is filling a bucket
    w warm water &
    up-ending it over my head. Guess that's ecologically a no-no, but look
    forward to
    doing it whenever I'm going to come.
    Just wet toothbrush when brushing teeth then turn water off. But I am
    wasteful
    in the shower! Never bathed in a kulam because women have to keep
    clothes on,
    how troublesome is that?
    kathie
  • Dear Mr.Shankar,

A good bit to be reminded.

I recall an advertisement on similar note,
    published in all daily news papers, mind you a quarter page. That was some 30 years back. Let us make avow to implement thia. " Water conservation " that would be a goodgoal set on Independence day.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters