New Delhi. In this booklet the authors have selected few sections of
    interest from each of the twenty kandas of the "Atharva Veda", and has
    presented the English Translation of these sections from the "original
    Sanskrit"

Among the sections given in this booklet, one is from the seventh kanda
    of the "Atharva Veda" titled as "mother tongue" (page 49), and reads as
    follows.
  • The confusion is because:
    In any religion there are two basic things.
    1. Sadangu ( rituals)
    2. Vazhipadu ( Prayers)

Sadangu should be in a language common across the religion so that every one practise it uniformly and it is mostly a public thing.
    Vazhipadu - no constraint - should be in any language as it is a individual thing.

Only in South we are confusing. In North during Aarti they sing in Hindi, Marathi only - jai Jagadessa, Jai Ganga Mata etc.
    I have visited various jyotir lingmas. did abhishegam my self chanting both mantrams and Thevaram.
    One side we say Agamam is the best and critisise vedic system. But the vedic system in tempels in northis working very well by allowing every one w.o caste and language.
    The ideal is like Kashi - in Rameswaram also all should be allowed to worship in any language - Russian . Spanish including. No body stopped me in Kashi or Ujjain while chanting Thevaram.S imillarly allow worship in TN even in marati or Gujarati by the devotee himself.

Otherwise it is a simple replacement of language. Dont take half action. Take full action. Follow North in this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters