Indira Aram in Netherland's Museum
  • Dear friends

This is to say that  some time back in 2006, i requested whereabouts of this Indira Aram and other royal Jewels Submitted by the Pandyan Kings to the custody of SriLankan Kings to our Historical Diaspora PSG, But i could not any response. But later through some references, i came to know that it has been taken to Netherlands along with 'The Leidan Grants' of The Great Sri Rajaraja Thevar, to the Leiden Museum.

Those who have contacts with this Holland Museum can verify the fact.

Govindhan Pillai Santhana Krishnan
    Scientist( Aerospace)
    Bangalore.

Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW! http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/
  • DEAR SANTHANAKRISHNA PILLAI

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU AFTER SUCH A LONG TIME.

AND THAT TOO ON SUCH AN IMPORTANT THING.

WE HAVE SOURCES WHO CAN VERIFY THIS IN HOLLAND MUSEUM.

WILL REVERT.

VERY BEST REGARDS SPS
  • Please publish the references you have seeked to arrive at this conclusion. It would really help the research scholars.
    It is an important find...
  • Would be surprised if below is correct info. If they were in the chola Kings
    treasury - then they wouldnt have survived the Pandya / kopperunchinga
    onslaught. if they were in the temples treasury or in the pandya treasury -
    they wouldnt have survivived Malik Kafur's raid in 1314.

One key thing to be noticed here is that, even when RJC experimented by
    crowning his son as chola pandya - there is no reference to this diadem. in
    all earnest believe he would have destroyed it himself .
  • Dear Venkateswsaran & SK Pillai,

Alternatively some of our members ( yourself VK and some one else) can visit respected SK Pillai in Bangalore and get enlightened.

for kind consideration.

regards/ sps

=========
  • If it was destroyed by RJC, it would have got a place in his "meikeerthi". If it was plundered by Malikafur, then some historian of the sultanate timesmight have written about it. I guess and hope it lies somewhere in Madurai or Srilankato be rediscovered or it is in a private possession.

Anyone in high places can help verify whether it is in the Madurai Meenatchi temple jewels.

Several years ago, a journalist at Madurai told me that the last Pandya ruler kept his crown and sword in a hidden chamber at Alakarkoil with some inscriptions on a pillaiyar temple pointing to it....
  • Dear SPS,

I will visit him next time I go to Bangalore.
  • Hmm... I would probably suspect that if it's not accounted for, there's a
    very good possibility that some low-level soldier in one army or another
    just took it home as part of his loot, melted it down and sold it.

Who ever said that history was good to history lovers? ;-)

Shash

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters