Minorities abroad
  • Hi Sampath, you are not incurring my wrath atleast with this post.

1 It is not true at all that indians atleast in US are a 'quiet lot'. In every country due to sheer number the local people will have more opportunities than others and of course it is undeniable that racism exists as does casteism in India. But indians are on the forefronts of progress in every field in this country and it is very wrong to consider so.

2 There is a somewhat HUGE misconception among indians that all muslims are terrorist supporters and have never been on the 'other side of the fence' where they have been an exploited lot. I suggest strongly reading origins of slavery in America atleast as a starting point. Most africans were muslims, they were disallowed to say their prayers or do anything related to their religion and culture, and exploited in the severest of ways.

The average muslim is not in any way an Al Quaida affiliate or any other terrorist affiliate. They are ordinary people leading ordinary lives.

Tolerance is having hte time and patience to think through all this isntead of generalising.

Malathi
  • >>>>>>>>>There is a somewhat HUGE misconception among indians that all muslims are terrorist supporters

Can you prove your claim? It is this kind of broad generalizations that create havoc in this group.

>>>>> Tolerance is having hte time and patience to think through all this isntead of generalising.
    Are you going to practice what you preach?
  • Mr GRS, my stance is not to reply to any of your posts. Taunts get attention only when people take them seriously and I truly don't view any of yours as worth responding.

I humbly request you to respect that and not write to me either.
  • Thanks for letting me know. You might not respond. That is your wish.

But, I like to call you out whenever possible (or for that matter anybody who I think posts something that is wrong). You throw words like there is no other day. If one looks at them, they are just rhetorical opinions - as inflammatory as any other here.

This is a public forum; and you come out and say Indians think this and that.... which is your opinion. So you better back up what you say or back out.

I give you an opportunity to prove what you say with good references and back up; else I will treat it as creating tensions in the group.
  • GRS : I dont get this!

I am confused by what you've said. When you say can you prove your claim, does that mean that you believe that it is no misconception ?
    Do you any idea what weight this statement carries?

Dont fear what you dont understand.

- R

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters