Hinduism and CRY wolf!!
  • Dear Members

can we refrain from citing Religious Zealotic Nations as examples and Cry wolf...

Please don't state the south hasnt had awareness as opposed to the north...and the northerners have more religious sentiments and fervour than us.

South Indian Particularly Tamilnadu has had a social reformist movement which lets face it has had its good and bad effects. Equally we have been maintaining our religious heritage in a respectable fashion.

the Ram bandwagon had a significant imapct in the north as they did not have something to rally them..no food..no social status..If you have travelled in some parts of Bihar and UP in the 90s you will really understand how the south had fared...

Can I request the members to discuss pertinant topics than state examples which are not comparable...In UK the minorities rights are protected more and this has led to the same disgruntlement as what is felt by some...however here the minorities are moslems,hindus and sikhs.

Kind Regards

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson
  • ...In UK the minorities rights are protected more and this has led to the same disgruntlement as what is felt by some...however here the minorities are moslems,hindus and sikhs.

Dear Sri

always wondered. how does it feel to be a member of the minority. ????

venketesh

>
    > Kind Regards
    >
    > Sri
    >
    >
    > If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    > If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    > Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    > I shall not live in vain.
    > Emily Dickinson
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > _________________________________________________________________
    > We want to hear all your funny, exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us now
    > http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/
    >
  • FRANCE : All are equal. True secularism.

Can any one tell the origin of the word Secularism? and its history.
  • Yes..exactly..the many NRIs in UK/US are minorities. Atleast for someone like me i respect that experience since it gives you af irst hand experience of both sides of the fence - in India i was a hindu
    brahmin who despite reservation and all other issues still enjoys the privilege of educated backgrou nd and intellectual superiority whereas abroad..you ar a 'colored' person perhaps not treated like african americans due to high education but nevertheless not on par with a 'white' person.

We dont think twice that all the we enjoyed in our home land is the same 'labor' we complain about here, perhaps if you are a dalit or backward person they would feel similar. There is no culture and no religion that has not suffered oppression at the hands of the other - if we want to talk relgiion talk atleast like there is one person from eveyr faith who is part of the discussion. Remember there are people from other religions on this forum itself and including dear Kathie noone says a word during these intensely 'hindu' talks. If you point one finger 3 point back at you, simple saying goes.

Malathi
  • Well. what is the relationship of the Govt with the Majority Religion?/ Religious Institutions in US and UK?

Read that Bobby Jindal had to convert to be in active politics andfor contesting Governor Post. ( Please correct me if i am wrong and will be happy to change that)

Can any one explain how it is felt there being a minority in such situation and getting a green card.

As some one wanted to say, when i say women are tonsured you can comment back saying that we have stopped now.

simillarly can any one say that the practise is stopped in US/UK and any one can contest now like in India.
  • 1. UK, US, France and Australia are christian nations and so they can be
    generous to non christian minorities as long as the minorities live
    quietly. Already there are rumblings against muslims in all
    euro-christian countries and australia. "Go back if you do not conform".
    Of course immigrant minorities in UK and other countries are different
    from the locals in terms of race, colour, culture.
    India is the best place for minorities because they behave like
    majority. Perhaps the recent recommendation to put all muslims in BPL
    (below poverty line) category and PM's oration - muslims have the first
    right on resources should gladden all secular neutral folk.
    I will stop and write no more lest I incur the wrath of progressive
    front.
    Sampath
  • US is not a Christian nation !!! Get that off your mind.
    Quoting from the U.S. Constitution : "One nation, under God, with
    liberty
    & justice for all."
    Stop w this anti-Christian, anti-Muslim rant. . .
    The West only cares about its economic interest, not your living
    faiths. . .!!
    Kathie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters