Heart Stopping...not for the faint hearted.
  • Dear Ravi

I apologise for not making myself clear! Heart stops but medicine supports it..does things we couldn't have done before ...

But the point I was making is...Thats when A BELIEVER admires the Work of God! Thats when science admires the creator...or atleast I do....

Interestingly....When patients after surgery arrest..ie.. heart not beating...we end up opening the chest...massaging the heart etc....I was flabbergasted when a patient who underwent all the above...recovered...and recollected the acts which were performed on his mortal body...we asked if anybody told him what we did, he said no I was watching it appeared like i was floating above' aka suspended animation

Thats when you admire your Hindu beliefs of after birth...Mukthi etc etc

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: [email protected]
  • Dear Dr.Sridhar

No need for the apology! if that posting never happened, we would not have known about the out of body experience rite :-)

I am thrilled to hear these stories as an ardent believer of Saakshi Bhava philosophy.

- R
  • Thanks Ravi

What is Saakshi Bhava Philosopy Please
    Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: [email protected]
  • I am guessing he means witnessing the mind during meditatiion but will wait for the answer...
  • If I were to explain this in simple terms:

Subject yourself as a 3rd person observing what your 2nd person does. Eliminating the feeling of connectivity and bringing to yourself the art of discrimination in every act. You become the arrow and the yielder is another, while in reality, you are the actual 'Sanjaya'.

The severance of that bonded connection - recognition of you vs yourself. It works and mostly in subconscious state, the trick is to make it happen while performing any / every act.

A statement in saakshi bhavam, which is done over by practice,
    as in :- I am watching over Ravi typing this message. He is noting down what his mind has been saying.

The paasuram about what is God that reminds me of Saakshi bhavam:
    God is a private experience between me and myself.

Its a very large topic, starting simple would be to consider you as a witness to every single act of yours (some thing like watching you in a mirror).

Meditation etc helps, but its not needed, in effect the art is very simple - though lot of conscious practice is needed.

Hope this helps :-)
    -R
  • Yes that is what i thought..very well explained Ravi. Same thing is also called 'witnessing the mind' in buddhist terms.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters