Days Mails
  • Dear Malathi

I beg to differ ...Any form which the person who feels is God can be god or art form...You can see Nataraja as an art form or A god

I agree with Venkat...What you believe and trust is God to you..I have a small Ganesha in Office I have a small Balaji in my car to me they are Gods....

Dear Kathie

Idols and Matinee idols..I dont think were in a negative form..They were given Demigod Status....Really treated like God isnt it?

The Idol woship that the ten commandments state is pertaining to the practice of that time which is easily blanketed as PAGAN!!...In a sense the christians worship idols....Mother of God Son of God....etc....The moslems as things stand correct me if I am wrong dont have idols and in their eyes every one else in non believers....

The mysticism of Hinduism is in its mythology...Imagine the myriads of forms man has given to his beloved god!!

Dear Kathie and Venkat

Hitler believed in Aryan supremacy and hence chose the swastika...he was so engrossed in them even sent expeditions to tibet to research on the same..If I am not mistaken Bradd Pitt's seven years in tibet is about a stranded german officer isn't it...

Symbolism and Dan Brown...Venkat well said btw is DaVinci code and Angels and Demons avaialble in India

Dear Malathi!

I agree with thread moderation no problems we havea lways done that

I again don't think there is any problems in discussing Religion..We have always done that!

Dear Shankar

The BJP surge in KK is recent in the last few decades...Local population dictates candidates...I wouldnt read into it...But then I'm far away...

Dear Kathie

There are two (in)famous words which have made it to the English Lexicon from India. ..Brahmins as in Boston Brahmin family and Pariah...He became a pariah in his community...both from the colonial days from two extremes of Indain social strata...

Dear GRS and Shankar

I recently saw a movie in Kalaignar TV which was well critiqued in the press called Peranmai....How easy will it be to convert that community of people who feel they do not belong!

I think we have to rectify that...

Hurrah tried to get three or more in one!!

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: [email protected]
  • > Idols and Matinee idols..I dont think were in a negative form..They were given Demigod Status....Really treated like God isnt it?

Hi sri
    the word has a negative impact ever since the bible new testament
    it was our fault we chose it without thinking

.The moslems as things stand correct me if I am wrong dont have idols and in their eyes every one else in non believers....
    >
    >

please dont underestimate the power of symbolism in any language

there is meteorite on the kaaba that every one needs to kiss. please read about it here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone

there is a stone denoting the devil which one has to stone at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoning_of_the_Devil

symbolism is what connects the mind and matter at the shortest distance.
    like using red amber and green for your trafffic lights instead of words

it register immidietly

>
    > Symbolism and Dan Brown...Venkat well said btw is DaVinci code and Angels and Demons avaialble in India
    >

there is a simultaneous release of books and movies. we get even tamil versions of the movies

>venketesh
  • Dear Dr Sri - actually I meant the same thing - it is what you make it to be which is either a moorthi or a museum exhibit.

It is rare and unusual that one statue is both - since there are invisible energies/vibrations linked to worshipped idols as opposed to an exhibit.

Just 2 cents

Malathi
  • Bur for ganesh idol, the difference is considered not there. That is why, a ganesh idol kept in a river/tank bank or under a arasamaram is worshipped w.opranapradishta/ or ashtabandanam base.

Ganesh idol/ moorthis should not be a show piece.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters