Temple Tower/ entrance
  • Dear Venkat

Thank you for the clarification..

I remember a post infact was it you(correct me if I am wrong) who stated that Nandanaaar merged into the light og God has been inbterpreted as the Dikshidars set him aflame...

Its interesting how things get twisted

That has let to a rather silly question...

Are all our temples facing the geographic east? or Due East....did our builders use the sun or the north pole as guidance for the Sani moolai?

Because the Sun wanders up and down so a truely east facing darshan can only be east facing is it is based on the magnetic northpole isnt it

Any answers

Kind regards

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: [email protected]
  • > I remember a post infact was it you(correct me if I am wrong) who stated that Nandanaaar merged into the light og God has been inbterpreted as the Dikshidars set him aflame...

that was in 'thillaiyil oru kollaikaaran' where also the hero is named nandan, who is warned by his friends of this legend

actually many of these mingling in fire sequences in religion can be interpreted the other way.
    even sambanda and a host of nayanmars entered a holy flame . on the day of his wedding.

venketesh

>
    >
    >
    > Its interesting how things get twisted
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That has let to a rather silly question...
    >
    >
    >
    > Are all our temples facing the geographic east? or Due East....did our builders use the sun or the north pole as guidance for the Sani moolai?
    >
    >
    >
    > Because the Sun wanders up and down so a truely east facing darshan can only be east facing is it is based on the magnetic northpole isnt it
    >
    >
    >
    > Any answers
    >
    >
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    >
    >
    > Sri
    >
    >
    > If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    > If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    > Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    > I shall not live in vain.
    > Emily Dickinson
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > To: [email protected]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters