• There is a speaking parlance in the States

ABCD...American Born Confused Desis

Unfortunately our history has become like that Blind leading the blind....

Scriptures as evidence but at the same time claim they excisted hundreds of thousands of years ago...

Let me ask a simple ignorant question....why cannot the Vedic/Aryan culture have spread from the Indus people to the south and become a norm

Hindu...itself was a term introduced by invaders from asia minor as inhabitants of Indus and beyond isnt it...

I think our generation has the problem of defending Hindu culture deeply patriotically at the same time not being able to justify certain rituals and practice in our religeon.

I agree with Malathi believing and defending your religeon is a honrable action but at the same time one has to understand and acknowledge its pitfalls!

Hinduism is a way of life to those believe in...we have our glory we have our gutters...

We cannot blame everything on the Mughals and British...

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: [email protected]
  • While I will defer to the rest of the comments for now, as I am not even sure why they were in the first place. Let address the historic doubt that has been raised.

The concept of invaders or AIT or people from Asia Minor has gone through different phases of questioning and scholars are now wondering if it is at all true.

Here is a recent study that talks about the first settlers of China and the Orient coming from South India. Moreoever it talks about humans migrating from Africa more than 40,000 or 50,000 years ago. This is one more research that throws its spanner towards the "invasion".

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20091211/808/tnl-first-settlers-in-china-and-the-orie.html
  • people originating from africa
    religions originating from asia
    technology originating from europe and americas
  • Dear Friend

Whatwe consider is a pit fall is because of our mind set.

Before considering anything as a pit fall, we need to understand it fully through learned source and not from any others.

As far as i feel there is only one evil which creeped in and has no sanction of vedas. That evil is not restricted to Hinduism and was prevelent in Eurpoe and America.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters