Collaboration with the enemy
  • Hi
    hindu jats colloborated with muhammed bin quasim the first muslim invader of india
    muhammed ghanzni had hindu aid, jaichand aided muhammed ghori,rajputs survived by giving their daughters in marriage to mughals, many mughals were born to hindu mothers, the army which was led by malik kafur and which destroyed srirangam and chidambaram and destroyed the moovendar rule was staffed by hoysala armies and supported by a pandyan prince who showed the way.

so i indeed have moved an inch today in learning indian history

venketesh

> > Whether one accepts or not....Indian history is HINDU HISTORY.If one cannot
    > > understand this, then they have not even moved an inch in the subject of
    > > Indian History.
    > >
  • sandayum sachchravum pulavargalukkul sagajam.. pulavargalukkul mattum dhaan (conflict and arguments are common among poets.. only among poets)
  • Hi
    tamil kingdoms met their end in the 14th century because of 3 invaders

malik kafur , khusraw khan and ulugh khan

the three attacked looted destroyed and depopulated the present states of andhra and tamilnadu

the first two were hindu converts who with great zeal destroyed more temples than anybody else.

its known truth that the hindu hoysala and a small pandyan army watched the holiest of temples being destroyed in these invasions.

venketesh
  • Dear Venkat,

Attack, attack, attack.
    Seems like full throttle.

• Exactly Venkat..thats what I too am saying. Atleast you got the message. :)

Whether its progress or destruction, Indian History cannot be written
    without Hindu History. or atleast without the mention of the word 'Hindu'.
    You have struck the nail on the head....
  • Hi
    thanks to you sathish i am on the verge of collecting a lot of information on " the other side of hindu history"
    today i came across some info on how hindu marattas attacked the sringeri mutt and looted it. the madathipathi had to petiotion tipu sultan a non hindu to save the mutt.
    remarkable isnt itA?

venketesh

> Exactly Venkat..thats what I too am saying. Atleast you got the message. :)
    >
    > Whether its progress or destruction, Indian History cannot be written
    > without Hindu History. or atleast without the mention of the word 'Hindu'.
    > You have struck the nail on the head....
    >
    > Regards,
    > Satish
    >
  • I dont think it was Marathas but some other king.But Hindu King. The request from acharya didnot reach Tippu. British inbetween blocked the letter. After the ransack Tipu sent finaces and cursed the attacker.

As far as collabarating with enemies is concerned - The Big blunder was of Jaichand. I too initially arguing in the group about rajendra not going for help but after heated discussions, it is felt that the impact of Mugal invasion was felt after malikafoor visit only.

The Coolabaration part - Initially i had a view that the rajputs were traitors and married their daughters to them But my recent exposure to rural areas have dawned on me that, by collabarting, they controlled the damage. The Joined the enemy and neutralised him. Otherwise Akbar, jahangir and Shahjahans 150 years would have converted more of India.

Collabaration was the best thing to stop the top. The Kings did that.Ramanuja took care of the bottom by shaking upHinduism.
  • Hi Shanker
    > I dont think it was Marathas but some other king.But Hindu King.

some websites mention a name . but certainly could not have been a king. at that time marattas had broken up into many groups and were not subject to a central rule.

> As far as collabarating with enemies is concerned - The Big blunder was of Jaichand.
    truly the name of jaichand as india's quisling and legend of samyuktha
    might not reflect the true picture. but the difference between the first and second battle of taran was that several of prithviraj's clan were co operating with ghori

> The Coolabaration part - Initially i had a view that the rajputs were traitors and married their daughters to them But my recent exposure to rural areas have dawned on me that, by collabarting, they controlled the damage. The Joined the enemy and neutralised him.
    > Collabaration was the best thing to stop the top. The Kings did that

the first battle chatrapathi shivaji lost with the mughals was an army led by jai singh 1 a rajput. In the ensuing treaty of Purander, signed between Shivaji and Jai Singh on June 11, 1665, Shivaji agreed to give up 23 of his forts and pay 400,000 rupees to the Mughals.
    what many people do not know is tha in an ensuing battle sivaji joined with the mughal forces against bijapur.
    sivaji fighting along with mughal forces.remarkable part of our history.
  • That isd what i am saying. He joined with one ended the other. ( Samarta Ramdas after seeing Vijayanagar ruins, wanted to protect the south first.) with the elimination of Bijapur, the Team Chandragiri/ nayaks were safer in South
  • The Sultanate army was much superior. They took Devagiri. Devagiri signed peace treaty and provided logistics with which warangal and with warangal logistics Dwarasamudram and with that logistics madurai.

The Brabarianism was so cruel, the first priority of those kings were to protect their people. The barabarianisam was neverimaginedby Hindus.

Srirangams fight is an intresting story. Thiruvarangan Ula is a must read for any one who want to know about the happenings of that period. The other book is " Madura Vijayam" by Kambanna Udayar's wife who accompanied him to recapture south.
  • > The Sultanate army was much superior. They took Devagiri. Devagiri signed peace treaty and provided logistics with which warangal and with warangal logistics Dwarasamudram and with that logistics madurai.

malik was a master warrior. each kingdom was a stepping stone to another.
    he wanted to perhaps reach ceylon with madurai as a stepping stone but the pandyas regrouped.

>> the first priority of those kings were to protect their people.

they failed the hopes of their own population

venketesh
  • No No. They Adarma Yudda is not expected. Remeber my mail on Pandyas and Cholas not knowing the latest developments in the north. I accused them . All of you bounced on me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters